It's riddiculous. ):

My husband has been searching for a job for a year now and so far he has found nothing. Nobody wants to hire him either because of his criminal record (last offense was 15 years ago) and the fact he is overweight. He has been clean and sober for twelve years, he is trying to be honest and not abuse the system and the reward he has? He can't find a single job. Nobody seems to want him when everybody says they need workers. It's getting ridiculous, we had to borrow money this month to be able to eat and pay our appartment because my work insurance decided 40$ was too much for one to get paid (They decided that they needed to recalculate everything, it's been two months or close to it and still zilch and they continue to tell me to wait). We are getting desperate because we have tried everything and nothing works. I can't even seem to get commissions to pay for groceries or even to accumulate for the first of december. We are starting to receive calls from the credit card company. My health is starting to get better, but I am not sure what the heck I can cope with just yet. It means I have to find work full time when I can't necessarily work just yet. This is hard because we have reduced our expenses to the minimum but still don't have enough to live correctly on. And yes I know that internet isn't a vital necessity, but we don't have any means of communicating with anyone otherwise (Phone or otherwise). We have to be able to call people (prospected employers) so we use the internet services of gmail.
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
He should try getting a pardon. Some cities have charities that can help cover the cost of the pardon if you look. Sorry, but with the amount of people looking for work, they have to weed out anyone with a less than perfect record.
Our province has removed the service entirely. ): Here, people don't seem to hire at all.
Dude that blows, what province are you in? :(
Quebec, They decided that a prohibitve price wasn't enough.
Ugh, friggin' Quebec. I live in Ontario and I'm glad they have services like that.
They used to but they don't anymore so people like my husband, who have been clean for 15 years, can't get pardonned and work as a honest man. ):
What kind of jobs has he been looking for? Depending on his legal issues, it could haunt him for basically forever. A few of the guys from my group had that issue, where they couldn't get anything other than the construction job they had now, and only because they were working for a relative. Do you two have any family or friends that could possibly help you?
He has been looking for anything that does not recquire one to have an university diploma to do. Grocery stores, work supplies stores (Overalls, work clothing), to be a santa in a mall, for our city itself, deskjob supplies store, clothing stores, computer shops, anything realy, apart from odd hours jobs that he can't do because of his health. I could check with any of our family, one such job he is waiting to see if he can do it.
Have you tried one of those online job things. I heard they pay a LOT if you can get into it....
keep trying I live in the UK and its difficult trying to look for a job here but I have managed to get 2 jobs in the space of 2 weeks. So just keep your hopes up