I can't draw anymore... help..?

So yeah...

Like, some days ago, I use to draw good. This is the last art I managed to draw like always :

This was on november 3. Since that day, I can't draw. I want to, I have inspiration, and nothing happened. I didn't broke my wrist or hurt myself or anything. Now, I am trying to draw on my tablet, and it's ugly. There is no anatomy, no talent at all. I see what's wrong with it, like I keep making the jaw too long, the musle too big, the eyes misplaced, the leg too long, everything is wrong. And I never made those mistake before. So yeah... It seems like my talent is gone. I cannot do anything beautiful as before.

I tried drawing different things ( tiger, cat, horse, dog, canine, human, elf, anthro ) like I'm use to, it's not working. I cannot draw like I use to some days ago.

So yeah, I even try drawing on paper and all. It's not working.

At first, I thought : Art block.

But I have inspiration and I want to draw D:

So what can I do to stop this nightmare?!
Comments32
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My drawings are generally pretty mediocre anyway but whenever I get art block and feel like nothing I draw is coming out right, I take it as a hint from my brain to try new styles and to re-learn some basic techniques :) I usually can spend up to a week just doodling and trying new styles of my art until I find one that I like then I attempt to apply the technique to whatever sketch I've started on :D The key is to not get frustrated and to make the most out of the unwanted art block :D For me it usually comes out better in the end as my art improves from the new techniques and skills I learnt and refined whilst in the art block :D

Good luck! Im sure you will come out of it soon!! :D
Well I can't draw anymore...
You should deal it as soon as possible though, it sucks to be unable to draw. If I have to based off my personal experience, maybe there's something troubling you? I kind of change my drawing materials or putting myself in a weird or new environment & it helps me draw for a little bit.

Good luck on your quest!
Hmmm, I think in a situation like this, it might be good just to take a little break from drawing. This doesn't mean stop doing anything artistic whatsoever, just don't focus on beautiful finished pieces of work. You could always do some other artistic activity, like sewing or scrap booking, or any activity you'd like. You can also do some simple 15-20 minute sketches a day. Then, when you feel like you're ready to go back to finishing full pieces, go ahead. If you're still having trouble, use some references. That's the fantastic thing about the internet; we have access to so much information and so many photos. Also, there's always the option of sending a sketch to someone and have them do some redlines for you.

And if you ever have a problem with inspiration, a great thing to do is go listen to songs you used to listen to when you were younger, or just songs you haven't listened to in a while. Those are sure to spark up some ideas.

Anyways, I hope this wasn't really tl;dr, and I hope you're able to get out of this little drawing rut soon. Best of luck! :hug:
Awwww thank you very much!
I've been having the same problem, I drew a really amazing dog back in September, but since then everything I've drawn looks horrible. The only kinda good thing I've drawn since the dog has been a pop-tart. :(
November the 3rd; the post that I'm making right now in my timezone is as of November the 9th which is 6 days apart. That's okay for a gap between drawings unless you have to do art for a class. =x

I get that feeling here and then but here's how I usually cope with it:
- Find new songs to listen to through YouTube, it helps spark up my imagination on what I want to draw accordingly to how a song goes

- Re-watch old shows/movies that you used to like watching when you're young

- Look at other artist work for inspiration

- Look at tutorials around on the web and give them a try even if you're not looking for help from it specifically

- If you're an open-minded person about art (I don't just look at anime drawings I also look at other kinds of art like photography, paintings, animation, comic art, prints, etc; I do my best to be a varied artist :B), try out new stuff (as in, out of what you would usually do) and experiment. Heeps of fun and it'll help you expand your knowledge about other stuff too. In my opinion, I think people shouldn't restrict themselves into looking at just one category of art (seen it way too often nowadays); I don't know how they can do that. D:

- Don't force yourself to draw and just relax -- Constantly putting the thought that you want to draw causes even more stress on your mind which restricts the inspiration to draw even more

I hope this helped!
Hi!

It's november 9th here too! the november 3 thing is the date where I've lost my ability to draw propertly :)

Well! Thanks for the tip I will definitely try a bunch of the, :)

Thanks for your time!
Quit. Stop drawing. Forever.

Problem solved.
The more it bothers you, the worse it will get. The more you think about it, the worse it will get.

I can think of two similar examples in my own life, unfortunately neither are actually drawing but if it were me this is what I would do.

well for one, it sounds like you are trying too hard now to correct it, so try to not over-think it, because that is usually what that leads to.

I do photography and I skateboard. When I'm in a slump with either of these things, I take a break and stop thinking about it. Don't set a date of how long you are going to take a break, engage yourself in other activities in the meantime and one day you will simply have an urge to draw and you will draw without thought.

for photography sometimes I will have trouble thinking of what to photograph. Recently I took a photo of a pepper under a stream of water from the sink. I did not even think of this photo it just came to me after I got back from the grocery store where I bought some peppers and as I was washing them in the sink I thought "that would make a cool photo!" and so I photographed it and it turned out pretty cool :D

hope that helps, if not then hope that wasn't a waste of your time reading all of that! haha
Hi! Of course it wasnt a waste! It does help a lot :)

Thanks for your time!
:dance: awesome! good luck!
To me, art block isn't just having no inspiration or not feeling like drawing, but you feel obliged to.
To me, art block is when nothing turns out the way you wanted, or you get something done but it's frustrating because you know you can do better.

You can try drawing easy things to boost your confidence, or work on some studies for a while.
Thanks ♥

I'll do that !
the same thing is happening to me :noes: hope it gets better for you :hug:
Well, I´m not sure if is the same case, but when I start to draw badly (and I mean really badly) , simply jump to draw another thing, if I can´t draw the head in a sketch then I try with the body of another, then to another and so on... not be stuck in a single drawing helps me a bit, (although I have many sketchs unfinished).
Like I said, I don't stick in the same drawing :(

I even tried to do other animal/human/anthro and all :(
anyway, maybe is just temporal. Let´s see what happens in a week, if you were able to draw well in the past, you can do it again. But don´t lose confidence, ok? :iconthumbsupplz:
That's a good thing.
Pay attention to what you think make your drawings suck and focus on improving those parts.