Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

My neighbor won't stop yelling at his children.

:iconmpeakaboo657:
mpeakaboo657 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
So, my downstairs neighbor won't stop yelling at his children. He has three. Two are twins about five years old, the other is about 2 and a half. And he just yells, all the time. If not at his children then at the childrens' mother (wife/girlfriend, I'm not sure). Tonight he's just yelling at them to "STOP CRYING! YOU'RE DRIVING ME FUCKING MAD! YOU CAN'T CRY AND GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT!" He then goes on to tell them that they can't get everything they want by crying. Then he starts blaming them for the fact that he can't go out and have fun because he has to "babysit" them every night. I'm not sure what to do. I feel horrible for the children. That being said I'm also a full time university student, and I can't study or do my school work with this happening every couple of nights. Help, please.

--peakaboo

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Call the police and report possible abuse when it's happening.

Find the e-mail address for the local social services and give them a well written, non-emotional, detail oriented message.

Just say "I can hear him yelling nonstop and the kids are terrified"...shit like that.
Don't give them anything other than imminent/immediate danger sounding shit.

If the dude has a wife, or a girl, that lives with him (you know, the one who pooped out the kids), leave her a printed out note in her mail box or on her car or something and anonymously tell her about the abuse (it is abuse). Only do that if you know you can get away with it while not being identified as the writer.

Complain to the landlord after you've called the police for two yelling events.
"he doesn't stop yelling, people call the cops, I need quiet..."
:iconkingstephenarthur:
KingStephenArthur Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student Photographer
Unfortunately there may be nothing you can do. But it just makes me wonder why a person like that would even want to have children to begin with? It's like people who have dogs and keep yelling at them to stop barking...they're fucking dogs they bark!! haha..

He's not doing anything illegal it sounds like...you could call child services but I don't even really know if that would be considered abuse... :shrug:

you could just slip an anonymous note under his door late at night or something when he would never know, just expressing in it everything you are feeling and hope he gets the point, though I highly doubt he even thinks he's doing anything wrong.
:iconsignsofortune:
signsofortune Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Is there a good place that is open 24 hours in which you could study? perhaps a cafe or a computer lab at school? that might be helpful if it is nearby to your apartment.
:iconmorthax:
Morthax Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
If you can, record some of the yelling, call the police and express your concern for the kids.
:iconphantasmastriker:
PhantasmaStriker Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Like everyone else is saying, call the cops. You've got a crazy neighbor, nuff said.
:iconsakiyo-chan:
Sakiyo-chan Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That sounds really bad. I would call the police too, something has to happen for the sake of the children and for your sake too!
:iconbeesull:
BeeSull Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
He's disturbing the peace, you could call the cops...

I would try the nice approach first though. Leave a polite letter letting him know that you can hear their family altercations through the walls, that the noise is very stressful/distracting/annoying to you, and that you're hoping to settle this in a neighborly manner. Yeah, he's a psycho and he's being a bad parent. That happens when people are stressed out sometimes. Give him the benefit of the doubt, he might not know that you can hear him.

If that doesn't work aim all of your speakers the the wall or floor he's closest too and blast that shit! I used to have a neighbor who would play music all night long and presumably sleep during the day. I was FOREVER going to the landlord and complaining. I contemplated calling the cops, but didn't. Instead, one night I sat there and waited. Then a little while after the music went off, presumably the bastard was finally sleeping, I blared the heaviest metal I could find in my collection with my EXTREMELY loud stereo all facing downward into his apartment. My other neighbors probably thought I was insane because it really was so loud that the sound was quite off and it was mostly just screaming... You know what though? He kept his music a lot more quiet after that.
:iconceibita:
Ceibita Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
That is just so amazing. I would contemplate doing something like that but never have the guts to actually do it. Go you! XD!!
:iconbeesull:
BeeSull Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
You'll do pretty much anything after you've been kept awake long enough! Ha ha! XD
:iconcedarwoods:
CedarWoods Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Sounds like the guy is a real ass. When you have kids you aren't supposed to go out and have fun all the time (well adult fun). Personally I would find some way to embarrass him into being quite.

This wouldn't solve the problem with the kids though?

Recording him seems like a good idea.
Add a Comment: