Closed to new replies
November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

my issue with the women folk.

:icondragonsangel:
dragonsangel Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I find woman's faces more attractive than their bodies. Because I have many times been deceived by women's faces and 'fallen in love' I have a tendency to avoid looking at their face, and therefore often land my eyes on their bodies, which is basically considered a lustful gaze. (how misunderstood I am!)

You see, I hate being fooled, and I hate finding myself foolish. But, my excessively romantic disposition causes me to easily fall in 'love' with a woman based on her face, and therefor I am almost always afraid and cautious around woman-folk.

It's not very friendly to always be cautious around someone. But so I usually am. I try to be polite, but it is always a reserved politeness, and because I so hate the idea of being deceived, I can't help but frown when I see a girl, almost any girl.

can anyone give me any advice as to how to stop being so hateful to women? I don't think it is good for me or for the women i know or for anything.

You see, i really want to be a decent person, but being so distorted about women really holds me back from doing so.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongragonwings:
Gragonwings Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Have you tried looking at there eyes or just a thing that is behind them but around the same hight as them? That way your not looking at our bodes but at something else and if the girl is not to preceptive she won't really notice that you not looking at her, but at something next to her.
:iconautogatos:
autogatos Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Love isn't a difference between judging a woman by her face vs. her body. It's a difference of judging a woman by her personality/mind/etc. vs. her looks. Face or body, you're still forming an opinion based on looks.

There's nothing wrong with admiring a woman's body or face if you find them attractive, but you have to understand that it's just that: physical attraction, lust, not love. You have to make the effort to get to know a woman more before you can really fall in love with who they genuinely are, and recognize that how they look may have no bearing on their actual personality. It's like that old saying: don't judge a book by its cover.

Just remember we're people just like men. Treat us as individuals rather than focusing on our gender and I think you'll make more progress.
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm going to be a bit blunt, because I think you need to hear it:
- It has nothing to do with a "romantic disposition". Stop trying to glam it up. You make superficial judgements based on looks, it really is that simple.
- You're mistaken love for lust, and you're using a lot of words to describe and talk around it.
- You are not being fooled, you are continuing your own non-constructive behaviour.
- You are not being deceived, you are continuing your own non-constructive behaviour.

What I think you need to do, is really think about the things I listed.
Stop trying to make it sound better/romantic/poetic/whatever. Don't dress it up.
When you're ready to be honest and clear about it, think about why you tried to cover it up to begin with, and why you act like that.

You can change yourself, but you have to be honest, and you have to take responsibility.

Stop shifting blame, stop talking around it. As long as you do, you'll never change.
:icondorkface4:
dorkface4 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
Learn to stop seeing every woman as a potential partner. Stop "falling in love" with their faces.
:iconamericangirlartist:
AmericanGirlArtist Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well you shouldn't be falling in 'love' with women by their looks upon their faces, the only 'correct' way to fall in 'love'(or actually in love) with someone, it must be through how two care for eachother and don't bother much on looks and more on how they get along with one another. The two have to actually connect, if they don't(or at least for very long) then you just got two people who thought they were in love but really they were just interested in something that a true relationship would give(many things apply) now even though I'm just 13 and you might think I am saying some stupid things here that probably will only get you started but I know what I'm talking about and I know that what I and everyone else says has a meaning, what I say has a story, I cry remembering it, since not many people help me or help others when in a time of need I help them in any way I can. I hope I was some of help to you. Have a nice day.(pfff, I sound like I have done this my intire life...oh wait, I pratically have)
you have a good point. thank you :)
:iconamericangirlartist:
AmericanGirlArtist Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Your welcome :D
:iconhippo-rim-job:
hippo-rim-job Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
The solution seems clear. You need to date a woman's head.
a haha hahaha
thank you.

a brilliant idea.

now I just need to get gross thoughts out of my head
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student General Artist
Women are humans, just like men. How do you treat men?
Add a Comment: