Details

Closed to new replies
November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15
:iconandharian:
Andharian Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Student General Artist
I need super important advice! If someone wants to publish a book, how do they do it? I need to know in full-full detail! Like, do you go to the publishing firm you`ve chosen yourself, or with an agent? How do you get an agent? Do you get an agent before or after contacting a firm? How is a book advertised? What are good publishing firms? So you just hand them the book or what? Help!
Could someone please tell me the whole process step-by-step? It would clear up so many problems for me! Thank you! c:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbrody-lover:
brody-lover Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Professional General Artist
lulu.com has a self publishing service and they can send out your book to amazon and a few other booksellers. It's about $60 to do. The only thing is, there are no editors there for you, so you have to do all of that work yourself.
If you want to get published by an actual company, go to your library, find books of the same genre and find their publishers. Send them a query. Only if they are interested in your query should you send them a manuscript. Act as if they are the only publisher in the world (only submit to maybe 3 publishers at a time but dont let them know!) There is a lot of info and samples of queries and manuscript formats on about.com
Andharian Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student General Artist
how do you write a manuscript? Are there any guidelines? And how do you send a company a guideline, if you want it to be published in a foreign country?
:iconbrody-lover:
brody-lover Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Professional General Artist
your manuscript is just your book, set in the proper format (look here: [link]) those are the guidelines as well. If you have any guidelines for them, you do not mention it. it can make them not want to publish it if you throw that at them in advance. If they want it, they will contact you and you can give them your guidelines then. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing all over the world.
Thank you!
:iconthegroovymurphy:
TheGroovyMurphy Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Call up a publisher and ask them how!
how do I do that? D8
:iconthegroovymurphy:
TheGroovyMurphy Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You google their number, pick up a phone and use it!
Okkkkk xDD thank you! <3
:iconkairixsora101:
KairixSora101 Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I would help but I need these questions asked too. D: I wanna publish my stories sooo bad D:
D8 sob we need help!
Add a Comment: