Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

desperate relationship and mood disorder help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:iconjulieanne714226:
julieanne714226 Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Student General Artist
I have some kind of mood disorder i am sure is a panic disorder and it makes everything 10 times worse. the tiniest stresser will send me into an attack of bad emotions where i can hardly breathe and i tense up. the worst part is i tend to tell everything to my boyfriend depressing him and i can't stand it hurting him. my current stressor is his dream career. i know if we leave and he follows it my attacks will increase and hurt him badly. the two paths are ahead and i cant decide if i should tell him i cant handle it and we cannot leave for his training or just try my best to deal with it knowing it will backfire and i will be worrying him as he blames himself. i need advice as to what to choose to do. leave or stay.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxnatje:
xNatje Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Student General Artist
when in doubt, don't decide.
Search some help to find your path again. It can be help from people you know, but also from a terapist. They can help you to find a way to control yourself when you are feeling bad again.
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I recommend therapy and medication, learn how to cope with your stress and better ways to channel it.
julieanne714226 Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Student General Artist
thanx. someone that makes sense! lol
Atlantech Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I only know because I'm going through that emotional crap myself.
sorry 2 hear that
Atlantech Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
well this might sound corny but....

remember you are not your emotion.

There are no good or bad emotions.

it's okay to feel that emotion, what matters is how you act on it.

and thats just a little sample from a program called DBT. find out if any center in your area is teaching it.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
That's panic attacks, I used to have them really bad.

Go talk to a doctor. There are medications that will nip that crap in the bud.
yup mostly anti-depressants. its my plan to go talk to my doc get them but knowing the dangers of them i would only take them when things get really bad.
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
The dangers really depend on what you are on. With antidepressants, too, they take about a month or so to start working so you can't really take them as needed (I wish it worked that way).

Sometimes you can take something for a few months while you figure out other ways to handle it, then go off.
the problem is you don't know if the one you are on is one that has unknown side effects. but for me just keeping up certain activities and avoiding some is starting to work, avoiding stressors and getting help when i can't avoid them
Add a Comment: