Closed to new replies
November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 179

My sexual is none of anyone's business?

:icongalacticgoat:
GalacticGoat Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Ok this is kinda a mix between needing advice and just bitching but read on.

I guess you could call my mostly straight, I mean I'm a little attracted to men but not much. My problem? I'm FtM transgender.

People often tell me my sexuality is no one's business yet I'm constantly ask if I have a boyfriend, if I'm looking for a boyfriend, what kind of relationship I want with a man, etc... And when I say constantly I mean pretty much any situation where I'm with another adult, especially a male, that isn't in a professional environment like a workplace... and sometimes even then I get those "so ya got a boyfriend yet, herp herp."

It's getting really hard to not just blurt out the fact I like pussy. ._. I mean I could do that but sometimes I worry, considering sometimes I need to work with these adults later, that they may actually be homophobic an while my attraction to women is considered straight my definition I doubt homophobic people would see it that way.

Also on another note it's possible if I admit I'm into women they may actually know someone I could get together with if they aren't homophobic. Its not really easy finding pansexual women or lesbians that don't care about my gender and more about my equipment in this area so being vague about my interest in men might actually be to my disadvantage.

So yeah should I just keep going "nah nah not looking for a man" without explaining why I'm not looking for a man or just go out of my way and say the truth?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcedarwoods:
CedarWoods Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think you should be honest. This will help you to just get the crap over with and separate the assholes from your real friends.

Also, you are welcome to note me or check out my It Gets Better playlist (free download) anytime

[link]

There's also a video that I made for an original included in the playlist:

[link]
:icontokyov:
TokyoV Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
If you're confident in peoples tolerance, you could simply tell them you're into girls and leave it at that. If you go into being transgender, people will probably question you more than they do now. Even tolerant, open-minded people don't really understand it.
GalacticGoat Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
._. Indeed. I'm nervous about anything, unfortunately I've had some bad experiences with homophobic people in the past so it has me being extra super careful in the present.
:icontokyov:
TokyoV Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
I totally understand. Even though I know that where I live, homophobia is the exception, not the rule, I'm still hesitant to tell people I'm gay. The bad experiences just weigh so much more than the good ones.

I know telling people you're transgender will be even more nerve wracking, so I wish you the best with that.
GalacticGoat Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconaltairflame:
AltairFlame Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
[link]

You might want to watch this ;)
GalacticGoat Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
uh... o.o I know this stuff already? Its a nice video an all and its very education for people that don't know this stuff but I don't know why you're linking it to me.
:iconaltairflame:
AltairFlame Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I guess it could help? no offence meant, thought it might've helped ;)

(nerdfighter or just know them?)
:iconarmonah:
Armonah Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
"So yeah should I just keep going "nah nah not looking for a man" without explaining why I'm not looking for a man or just go out of my way and say the truth?"

I think the former's just easier for you. If you keep saying you're not looking for someone right now then yeah, people will continue to poke and prod you until you do - because to them, the whole "I'm not looking" phase is something that will come to pass.

But imagine the bullshit you'll have to deal with after your workplace colleagues finds out you're gay or bisexual. And that you're looking for a "pansexual girlfriend". And that you're FtM transgender. Giving them a serious answer will not sate their curiosity, it will only raise more questions. Not to mention the assumptions people will make about you because of your sexuality from that point on.
GalacticGoat Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
True enough :/ the whole situation is dildos. I really wish people would just... stop and think before asking questions about this stuff.
Add a Comment: