Closed to new replies
November 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 50

Social Anxiety Disorder

:iconkimikitn:
kimikitn Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
Hello, I have not been diagnosed with SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder), however I heard my psychology professor talking about it and I went out on my own and did more research about it. It seems to fit me. So I went up to my psychology professor and talked to him about it and I end up crying talking about painful social experiences of mine. So he gave me these places that can help me with my anxiety problems.

Examples of how I feel sometimes:
When there are parties for family and relatives. I know all of them since I was little, but I could never be close with them. Sometimes I feel this tension inside of me and I don't want to talk to any of them. I start making up stories in my head and feel hurt. I know it's weird.

Another example:
I always feel negative about myself. Even if I do good at work, I always feel like people are thinking bad about me and such. I know I am surrounded by people who care about me, but I feel bad about myself.

Advice?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwezenbeesje:
wezenbeesje Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional General Artist
Also, you can get over such fears in lucid dreams. Then you don't have to be scared because it's just a dream and you can practise your social skills/getting less scared. :)
wezenbeesje Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional General Artist
The best tip I can give: Look around you. Not in your head, in your head is a dark place, but outside it's much better. I also have social phobia. I know what's like. This helped me.
kimikitn Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
I'm trying my best to look outside of my head. It hurts a lot being stuck in my head a lot.
wezenbeesje Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional General Artist
Ok, keep trying! It will help. :)
:iconcedarwoods:
CedarWoods Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You can download this free playlist and listen to it whenever you're feeling bad.

[link]
kimikitn Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Thank you for the link. :)
CedarWoods Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You're very welcome. You can send me notes anytime you want.
kimikitn Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
Alright. Thank you very much :)
CedarWoods Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:)
:icondutchconnaisseur:
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
Get professional help. Random people on an art forum can't help you.
Add a Comment: