Closed to new replies
November 2, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 24

What to do with my life?

:iconsodayaka:
Sodayaka Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012  Student Digital Artist
There's a part of me that wants something stable, like an office job or something boring but really secure but another part has been wanting to pursue something creative. I love taking pictures, writing, and drawing but I'm not sure I have the motivation or skill to make a living out of it. I'm a sophomore in high school, and I think I should be more confident in my career choices. Have you ever had to make a choice between your heart and your mind? When I say I want a secure job, it doesn't mean I'd stop being creative. I'm not sure about what I want to do with my life in general.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkev19180:
kev19180 Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Hey Sodayaka, I have a solution for you that you may not have thought of.
Me and a few artist friends of mine got the idea to begin creating something called residual income for ourselves and it has been going great. We can do our art and take jobs that we like and MOVE ON with our careers in directions we want because of the money coming in.
It wouldnt serve it justice to explain it all here.. so just send me a note if youre interested, and we can talk about it more personally a bit further. Im here to help you the whole way too.
:iconkyupol:
kyupol Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
saw your gallery. if youre a sophomore in highschool and youre at that caliber... Id say you got about 2 years to push your art to the next level. then maybe you can land a job in design or something. Good luck.
:iconsodayaka:
Sodayaka Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Student Digital Artist
That's so sweet of you, thanks~!
:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
Most people change their major at least once in college, so don't stress too much about it now.

Never JUST follow your heart. Use a brain as well. Following your heart without listening to your head will get you in hot water.
:iconeirasenam:
EiraSenam Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Don't rush your choices. You are still young, and you're probably going to change a lot over the next few years. If you decide on a path now it might not be the right one, so just live your life for now and figure out what you really want to do when you get older.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012   Digital Artist
Don't even worry about your career now, you have so many years that even if you find something you are dead set in, life will have a habit of happening on its own. If anything just try to figure yourself out, if you can do that, then later it'll be easier to find what you want to do out.
:iconpuripie:
PuriPie Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist
Asses your values. Make a choice.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012   Digital Artist
Lol asses.
:iconpuripie:
PuriPie Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012  Hobbyist
Totally not a spelling mistake.
:icondutchconnaisseur:
DutchConnaisseur Featured By Owner Nov 3, 2012
I have a secure but a bit boring job and do photography, writing and illustrations in my free time. Works for me, because I don't have the drive to become a pro artist. (And I absolutely don't want to be a starving artist. Living from you art is difficult.)
Add a Comment: