Photographers getting aroused during naked photo shoots?

I have to shoot nude portraits and implied nudes for school, however this is always difficult because I... erm... This is kinda embarrassing but I get aroused. I am a bisexual woman you must know and just seeing a naked body well, causes a reaction. I was wondering whether it was normal and whether anyone else experienced this and how they dealt with it...

It's not that there is any malice in my shoots or that the poses are erotic (I never shoot open legged shoot or such, I shoot a model's back or covered breast most of the time) but it sort of just gets me aroused for no reason be the subject male or female. What say you?
Comments24
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've never had that problem. :O_o:
Seems normal to me.
Take 2 minute fap breaks.
That should do it.
Gasp, getting aroused at a naked body! You're fine - definitely not the only one. So long as you don't do anything rash because of it, don't worry about it.
Get laid before you start a shoot.
Dr. Internet here,

I also run into a similar situation when shooting nudes but being a grown man, I have a much tougher time hiding that than a woman probably would. Unless of course, she's a shemale, in which case we're on even ground. Whenever I do a shoot with a beautiful woman or an androgynous young man, my trembling truncheon of terror has to be tucked back. Either that or I have to think of something completely unrelated that doesn't make me aroused. Usually this means thinking of something or someone I hate, like Glenn Beck or The Police (The band, not the law enforcement officials). The fastest way for me to kick myself back into reality is to picture Gabe Newell's face, then I can't get aroused for days.

In any case, having your body respond to the presence of a naked body is perfectly natural. As long as you don't misbehave, it's not an issue. The only person who really will know about it is you, and as long as you keep to yourself and don't openly display your proud girl-boner, the model will leave none the wiser.
Try not to pay attention to it or think about it and just concentrate on what your work, that way he/she won't notice it ether. Also, try taking a cold shower before the shoot if you can.
Nothing wrong, it's natural. Might be a bit flattering to the subject. Just keep to yourself while shooting the pics, and you're good =]
I don't like you comparing bisexuality to you being unable to keep your crotch dry seeing a naked body. I'm fucking dikey as hell but I still do fine when a hot chick comes along at life drawing classes or something like that.
Some people have a harder time with it though, sexual prefrences aside.
Yeah but she made it sound like bisexual = raving horndog.
Oh, I understood it as "This is why I'm aroused by both male and female nude models."
You are wearing a bra, right? And there's no way they can tell you are aroused down there, unless - you do something about it...

Besides, getting aroused from naked bodies is normal. If you had to shoot ice cream and cake, wouldn't that make you hungry? :P
Of course I am but it can be seen anyway lol
It can happen to photographers and models, you just need to be pro about it.
...because that totally helps. :lol:
Makes perfect sense. As long as you're keeping your hand out of your pants while you're shooting, you're in the same boat as most other people.
But won't the model notice that you're aroused? For women, erect nipples, obviously she can't see what is happening down there and for men something going on in the trouser department... Isn't it a bit unprofessional?
Do you have padded bras? Like a push-up bra? That should help with the nipple problem.
try wearing a thicker bra, sweetie. or a scarf laying right. if you hide it it's fine and don't make a big deal about covering it up but don't... show it. i don't know. it's likely normal. i'm not particulary horny, but if you don't want people to see, thicker bra, sleeveless jacket, etc.
Erect nipples happen often enough just because I'm cold... so that is in no way a sign for somebody being aroused.
Well, being horny doesn't mean you have to be stiff. Nipples showing are a matter of what's covering them, and they tend to show for a greater variety of reasons anyway. Penises take more to get very erect, since they have to pump a more substantial amount of blood into them, so depending on one's metabolism simply being standing and not concentrating all your thoughts on the sexiness is generally sufficient to keep it down, though being healthier/younger might make that less true; I can't say it's ever been an issue for me.