Drooling a lot while awake :/

So the past month I've been drooling, A LOT. And I'm not just talking about when I sleep (though I've started drooling when I sleep) I mean I'm drooling when I'm awake with my mouth closed! It'll just kinda seep out between my lips, and when I open my mouth it just comes right out like a waterfall, it's very embarrassing to be talking to someone and to have drool all of a sudden (and I mean sneak attack) pour out the side of your mouth. Also when talking I've been developing a large froth of spittle in the corners of my mouth and it's kinda happening my speech. I've tried the google but I only get results for babies and drooling while sleeping, and not during the day :drool:
Comments30
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Do you have more spaces between your teeth or is your jaw not in correct position?

My mom's a dental assistant. Some people need their jaw pushed back or forward due to if they sucked their thumb when they were little. That 'pushed' the jaw forward too much, leaving a 'buck teeth' look and able for saliva to get through.

Or spacing in teeth can too :)
Nope, got perfect teeth according to me dentist, but my lower jaw is a bit off center, but just by an itty bitty bit, and he told me not to worry about it. No gaps, and I never sucked my thumb when I was little-
Pregnant women have been known to drool an abnormal amount, sometimes to the point where it makes them sick. Uh, there really isn't a way to ask this without sounding like a freak, but is your saliva also thicker than usual? If so... maybe you should check yourself out haha.

You're probably not pregnant, as there are other symptoms you'd probably be aware of. Just throwing it out there.
Actually it's quite the opposite, it's quite runny, making it leak out quite quickly, I'm also on my period right now so that means I'm not preggos? Right?
Well, I'm not a doctor, but I would assume no haha. I have no guesses as to what's wrong then.
I drool quite a lot too (especially when I sleep) and I normally get it while I'm laughing loads or laying on top of my boyfriend while we cuddle. Fortunately for me, he doesn't mind my drooling in the slightest and thinks it's really cute XD

I've been sucking a lot of hard candy lately, and I've noticed my drooling has decreased greatly. Try buying some nice sweeties or gum :)
Hmm, well I do seem to drool a lot more when I'm cuddling with my boyfriend. But I've been going out with him for four years, and this drooling has started roughly 2-3 months ago :shrug:
Apparently, from my knowledge of watching some channel 4 progamme :lol:, we all produce quite a lot of salivia. Usually we just swallow all of it. Whatever produces saliva can be overactive in some people though which produces too much. Have you been to see a doctor about this? Sometimes the solution can be really simple. It might be worth it if the problem is embarrassing for you.
I asked my doctor she was baffled, cause this is a new thing that croped up in the past 2-3 months
If it randomly appeared, hopefully it will randomly disapear too. :)
you must be spitting all over the place when you talk. :drool:
Well it's not really projectile spit, more like dribble coming out of my mouth :/
Also, make sure you're drinking enough water. :nod:
Wait wouldn't more water mean more saliva?
Don't quote me, but I believe by drinking more water your salivary glands start to slow down their production of saliva in the long run.
Did you just recently get braces or a pallet expander? Those make you drool a ton.
No dental work, but I think my wisdom teeth are coming in
That could be the problem. Maybe ask a doctor about it?
I did she was baffled as well
Did you ask a dentist? They're more honed into that area of work. ;)
:doh: Forgot about my dentist, I'll ask him, thanks for reminding me ^_^
Also, they have those really cool suction things that you put in your mouth to suck out all the saliva. Not that that helps you in any way, but I was just throwing it out there. >_<

Grab me a sucker while you're there! :D
Ah well I'm not sure what you could do. I hope you find out what the problem is soon. :o
I've not heard of anything like this before and certainly if it's a medical issue you really need to be talking to a doctor, rather than us!
It's strange that you don't notice the fluid buildup in your mouth. :o Maybe you don't swallow enough through reflex. Anyway, yeah, see a doctor. :nod: