Why are people jerks in forums?

Hopefully none of the people who're gonna post are in that category but what is it? Being hidden behind a computer makes people the gits they truly are in a virtual environment where they're protected from the bloody nose they'd get in the real world? I don't get it.
Comments347
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
This thread isn't about Help with Life. :lock:
I talked with you yesterday :)
well I'm not one of them. I'm being myself all the time.
Yeah, unfortunately some people on the net aren't really that nice inside. The internet is the one place where people are sometimes mean to each other.
Nothing can really be done about it, unless they're breaking the law.

Although, if someone is constantly being mean to other people, you could probably report them as having been bashing or flaming people...
But people shouldn't have to do that, becuase there should be moderators supervising and monitoring the forums...
Oh, boo hoo.

Welcome to the internet.
why? Because we can be and it's amusing. Though it has nothing to do with anonymity, you can see the city and state where i'm from and my full name on my profile, i don't think many of us are concerned about people coming and "giving us bloodied noses" though it's funny when people threaten to do so.
I'm sorry to say that you answered your own question. Because people can't be intimidated and feel free to say whatever they want when they're behind a screen.
Cowards hiding behind computers... yeah I guess so.
I dont know....i cant spell that well and i always get posts not helping but just telling me that i cant spell.
:iconfacepalmplz: <-- You are what Patrick Stewart was thinking of when he did that.
I'd be a jerk in real life if people were as stupid in real life as they are on forums.
i hope that wasn't directed at me... i thought we were tight banana?
YOU F*CKING IDIOT!!! THIS SHOULD BE IN THE COMPLAINTS FORUM YOU MORON!!!!!

hahaha...ha... sarcasm...
*sigh*
Ha ha, aren't you witty... you fucking moron.
There was a penny arcade diagram about this, which I can't find.

It said "Average Joe + anonymity + audience = asshat", or some insult like that.
Because it's the internet.

So what do you need help with exactly?
Thought this forum was closed?
It was open when i got here :confused:
Well it got closed and just because they've unlocked it, its all been said and done.
Oh well, weird
its because theyre all afraid of who they really are and in reality they are trying to compensate for their asian dicks.
I am the kind of person who treats others kindly and the same way face to face and online. I am also honest when I post comments. What I say in my comments is what I truthfully believe. That’s because I hate lying. The reason I mention this is because of how easy it is to lie on the Internet. I feel like my profile and my comments represent me, so I post the same things in my comments as I would tell people face to face. I also find it wrong to be rude just because it’s the Internet. This may be the Internet, but there are real human beings behind their computer screens who are reading what we write. I always remember that I am talking to a human and not to a machine. I’ve also seen many people online who treated others horribly. Reasons may be because they are trolls (they choose to be annoying) or they are stupid and forget they are talking to real human beings. I find it sick how so many people can be so judgmental, rude, and mean.
Being hidden behind the computer, methinks. They can pretend they are whatever they please and act as if.
"Go fuck yourself, whore."

Yeah, I wonder why people are assholes on the internet. Hmm. I'll ponder that one and get back to you.