Why do dickheads always get all the girls?

We are often told, in films and such that girls like a gentlemen: Intelligent, dashing, funny, sweep you off your feet types. But at school none of the "popular" guys are gentlemen. They're mostly just dickheads.

They're slapstick funny (immature and stupid if you ask me), not witty.
They're cocky and arrogant, and in love with themselves.
They're almost ALL pretty dumb, none of them are getting great grades.
They arnt individual. They're just your typical "i like football, boobs and parties, and all i think about is whether the people around me are giving me attention or laughing at me" idiots. Im not saying i dont like football boobs or parties, i like them all. But seriously these guys are so one dimensional its unbelievable. Ask them what they think of a story in the news, or anything that requires some kind of "deeper", more considered thought, and they're stumped.

And yet, they get all the girls.

Why?
Comments352
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm afraid most young women are quite superficial, preferring looks and popularity over a true relationship.
as they mature they start to look deeper but i have yet to see any development where i am.
I mean geez, one girl got knocked up and got pregnant, her 'boyfriend' refused to pay for the child and broke up with her and she STILL wanted him back.

In the famous words of spock "most illogical" :iconspockplz:
Babe...dickheads get the girls who have no self-esteem, he does all the wrong things, and then wonders why he feels this need to dump her...it's a classic power thing. keep being your usual sweet self...girls will know, will file it away...and then will make their move...dickhead guys are that because they want the girl to feel as bad, self-esteem-wise, as they do...no one needs that. Rise above it, talk to other people...most problems arise when two people are in contact only with each other...have other friends...and keep them even when you find a guy!!!
Lesson of life #54

Girls get in bed with bad guys (dick heads, as you call them)

Girls finally get married with good guys (so they get in bed too with them)

So the people you mention may be successful now, but they will remain alone in time.
dude you must be the first guy to say that(that i have heard) :hug: thank you!! omg they are such assholes(oviously not you cause you are saying so)....>_< i actually look for nice guys, but there are NONE in my school. damit.....
I have no clue why other girls picks nasty guys over nice ones. I used to get annoyed by these "dicks get the girls" threds, until it happened to a close friend of mine. The girl he likes has been his best friend for a couple of years. And he's one of the most amazingly moral and carring people I know, without being a wuss. So, who did she pick over him? Some new guy she just met, who's said nasty things about the first guy, out of jelousy I'm sure. What girl would date someone who spoke about her friends that way? I wouldn't, it'd be an immediate turn off for me. Sorry for this rant, but I wanted to vent.

The girls at your school are probably just morons. There's no shortage of those when it comes to dating. No, I don't have much experience dating. But just looking at most of my friends, it doesn't take an expert to see that they are imbecils when it comes to dating, the boys and girls both. I see no solution, except to rant about it on forums like this.
I find a lot of those girls can be as vapid as the guys
Hmm...maybe cause the bitches always get all of tha good boys ;] It's a cycle :lol:
Hmm...maybe cause the bitches always get all of tha good boys ;] It's a cycle :lol:
Ah, but you fail to consider: they get all the dickhead idiot girls to match.

Any girl with half an ounce of a brain knows they're dickheads and stays away from them. Unfortunaltely, we get marked as "unpopular" for being willing to call them the dickhead idiots they are, and people somehow fail to consider our existence when pondering this concept. Thus, we end up wondering (similarly) why the girls with lots of boobs, no brains, and a love for partying get all the guys.

It's an awful, vicious cycle...
The answer to your question: Girls of your age are basically at this stage called 'conformist stage', it's when your only motto in life is to blend with the crowd of people who are popular. Because according to them, popularity is the conformation of a dynamic personality (rolls her eyes). So unless they are of that age, this will presumably remain one of their characteristics, but no need to fret---if these girls happen to like guys who are unlike you (and I assume they are attracted to them because they see those guys as similar to them) then it is least likely that will be able to connect with you.

Peer pressure? Defeat it, really. And this has less to do with determination, and more to do with 'individualism'(for the lack of which you look down upon the other guys).

I hope it all sinks in, good luck my friend! :hug:
Dick guys know what they want and are aggressive getting it. They probably are shot down more times than you know but it doesn't stop them. Eventually they probably get a sense of confidence that helps them ask more girls out and that in turn leaves a higher turnout.

The other thing to consider is to ask people out in your league. Not that is a bad thing! In fact it is probably better because you can relate to them much better and will enjoy their company even more. If u just want a hot piece of tail, get ripped buy some clothes and be a douche, that will get you the honeys.

If ur a dork and ask out a dork girl (dork is not a derogatory word, I'm a dork and proud) your going to be on the same level and not worry about this hottie dumping you because you don't feel up to par, because she's "out of your league"

There are cute dork girls out there, diamonds in the rough kinda stuff.

They guys are shallow and the girls most likely shallower. Don't put yourself in 'their' shallow world and wonder why you aren't winning in 'their' game. If your a nice guy you probably are deeper, the world your involved in deeper as well. On the other hand there are people probably stuck in the shallow world and they want out. Probably why you see some hottie on some not-so-hot guys arm, she wanted out and he was there (but imagine if you played some of their rules but not live by them. It doesn't hurt to sometimes play the game, just don't lose yourself trying to impress others.)

If your in high school, good luck, college is much better to find girls that you can relate to. I thought colleges had no cliche's but in fact I realized the cliches were so big that I didn't need to associate with the douche's and the bitches. In general the pretty girls got nothing in common with me and there's nothing I could get out of that relationship but a good physical time :D
Why give a shit about getting girlfriends in school? It won't last very long, most of the time it's not even love, but mere attraction, and it's quite a joke.
easy for u to say when ur not surrounded by other people doing it
Most of my friends are in relationships. It doesn't bother me. So don't let it bother you.
All of the girls I've had relationships with have started out as simple friends. Honestly, that should be your dating pool. You already know stuff about them (what foods they like, what they like to do in their spare time) and you already know you can get along and you're not scared to talk to them. That gets over so many obstacles right there, even before the first date.

Don't go after the hottest, most popular girl in school. Go after the girl who still looks gorgeous without makeup, gets good grades, and has a hobby besides making out with a new boy every weekend (like maybe art!). Relationships with those girls will probably be much more rewarding for you. I know it's nice to think about going out with the hottest ones, but physical attractiveness is no way to tell who a person is once you get to know them. That's my advice. Besides, I'd be way too nervous around the super-hot girls to even be able to enjoy myself, so where's the fun in that?
And personally, I love gentlemen, but to be a good person on the outside, and an inner sexual lust would be sooo hot.
Simple, girls like guys who are dicks because they wonder WHY they're dicks and get all interested. Then there's abusive relationships, live for the highs, survive the lows.
I believe this is perhaps a bit because the one dimensional people are easier to control and manipulate...
and are seen as less of a threat maybe.
Correction: dickheads always get the STUPID BIMBO girls.

I'd love nothing more than a 'gentlemen'... someone who holds the door open for me and does all those things.
However, some nice guys TOTALLY overdo it and then they get clingy and annoying.
well, y'know, there was a time back when all guys were, nice, educated etc...and all I recommend is just letting it go, you ARE MEANT to find a girl in your lifetime.

so, just be patient, wait for your chance to find a good one, or even let the good one come to you, trust me, it can happen... :)
because they have attitude, dear friend...
My advice, from personal exp.
Go find some complete bitch, try to stab them, write profane words on lockers
and threaten to kill someone. Worked for me.... oh, wait, that would make you
one of those "dickheads" Sorry, can't help ya. :)
I'd date a nice guy.
Somebody sounds jealous!