Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
July 11, 2008
Link

Statistics

Replies: 77

a polite way of telling parents to fuck off?

:iconcody-senpai:
cody-senpai Featured By Owner Jul 11, 2008
well, im 16 and so getting my license is coming up soon.
the thing is, i dont want my license.
i dont feel comfortable driving, nor do i feel safe. i have my moped license and no worry at all riding that, its just cars. my parents are split up and both have partners, and all 4 of them keep pressuring me saying that i should get my license! if i get into the car with my mum, she will get the L plates out. they keep coming into the room i am in and would sit next to me and tell me i need to get my license. everytime they see me they litteraly keep pressuring me and not just saying, "you should get your license".

i spose my fear of driving could be because i got hit by a car recently, but im not sure.

i may sound like im whinging, but all i wanna know is how can i tell them to fuck off, in a nice way?

has anyone else been through something like this?

>.<

gah its so frustrating!!!!!

sorry for typo's.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlinzoy:
linzoy Featured By Owner Jul 12, 2008
Maybe your parents don't want you to ride your moped. They have no airbags or seat belts. If you crash, you go flying over the handlebars and WHAM.
:iconprofessorpumpkin:
professorpumpkin Featured By Owner Jul 12, 2008
Don't do something that you don't want to just because you're pressured. Plenty of people wait till they're 18 to get their license. Just don't let it cripple your experience; you'll probably need to be confident with driving a car at some point or another.

It's cool that you can drive your moped :3 And they're really handy, but if you need to go on a long trip, your moped won't be the best choice. All I can offer as far as advice is practice driving until you're more comfortable with it. I've been driving with a license for 2 years and I still really dislike driving, but most of my hatred for it has subsided :3

Good luck!
:iconulilliaka:
ulilliaka Featured By Owner Jul 12, 2008
From personal experience, there is no polite way. Usually, when parents want their way, they'll get extremely butt hurt if they don't get it. If they're the open minded type, you could calmly express your fears to them. If not, which is most probable, I'd get your license anyways just to shut them up, and just not drive anywhere. But I'd still bring up your fears and stuff if they expect you to run errands or something.

There's no point in waiting, no matter what path you chose. Just get it over with! :nod:
:iconavskyggene:
AvSkyggene Featured By Owner Jul 12, 2008
Write it in a fancy typeface.
cody-senpai Featured By Owner Jul 12, 2008
:XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: :lmao: :lmao:

i laughed so much just then..

*wipes eyes*
:iconstraightjacketred:
StraightJacketRed Featured By Owner Jul 12, 2008
dont worry, i got the same thing, though my mom has yet to find a partner, i found getting it over with is the best thing. ive already got my learners permit! how about you?
cody-senpai Featured By Owner Jul 12, 2008
yeh i have my learners, because i only needed to do a theory test to get it. i got 100% on the test aswell. i just hate practical.. :|
:iconstraightjacketred:
StraightJacketRed Featured By Owner Jul 12, 2008
go get that motha! get it over with! you drive once and your done! you wont have to drive for another 10 years!
:iconhammer-princess:
hammer-princess Featured By Owner Jul 11, 2008  Hobbyist General Artist
Well, it's your decision in the end, but you've got two options.

1: You could go ahead and get your license anyway (you don't have to use it)

2: You could calmly explain to your parents why you don't want your license.

I'm not all that good with helping with real life problems, but I hope this helps anyway.
:icondragstripdemon:
dragstripdemon Featured By Owner Jul 11, 2008   Photographer
you say "fuck you dad"
truths, works every time
Add a Comment: