I don't want to lose my boyfriend but I don't want to lose my friends.

Okay, first thing I will say is that I am in an online relationship. Also, I play MapleStory.

I WILL IGNORE ALL COMMENTS THAT HAVE TO DO WITH HOW ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS SUCK/DON'T WORK (I know most don't)/ARE FOR NO-LIFES/ETC.

Now to my actual problem... my boyfriend and I love spending time with each other. But I have been away from the online game I play with my friends (I'm a guildmaster and I have a full buddylist on Maple, most good friends of mine who I love being around with and vice versa) because of that and they all miss me.

My boyfriend isn't the jealous type, he doesn't mind if I do anything other than spend time with him. However, going back to my friends means a lot less personal time for the both of us than we already have and... well, let's just say that there's a large difference between the amount of friends we both have. Which means that I'd be leaving my boyfriend behind if I went back to my friends, who he's not very close to.

I also forgot to mention that we both play the same game but he prefers talking outside of it since we have no one to interrupt us then.

Me going back to my friends means less personal time with my boyfriend, which means a break-up if we can't get closer. A break-up is the last thing I want. My real life exes don't even compare and neither of us actually want to break up but it will feel like we have to.

Staying the way we are now means my friends will miss me and eventually will stop being around and probably hate me and/or my boyfriend for not being on anymore. And even if they did understand why I'm hardly on, I feel like I've abandoned them and I just feel guilty.

I miss them but I don't want to lose the one person I love. It's like I have to choose between my boyfriend and my friends. I'm pretty much torn here. >_>

Help?
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Ever considered you friends are jealous of him and you?
Sharing the time between your BF and Friends is always hard in every relationship. You just have to hit that spot. If you can communicate to both at the same time, wouldn't it help
Okay, I may be a bit of a cynic saying this but if it comes down to choosing one or the other, choose your friends. When it comes down to a matter of which is more important to spend time with well . . . friends win out, unless they're not truly your friends and from what you told me, I think they are true friends. (I just used "friends" three times in one sentence . . . I need to practice writing better.)

I almost ditched some friends just to be with my ex g/f and after the breakup I was surprised my friends still stood by me. They are true friends they are, and let me tell you the same situation usually doesn't happen the other way around.
Get your boyfriend to play Maple Story, too!

Then you can hang out with both your friends AND your boyfriend for half the time, then spend the other half with JUST your boyfriend.

Or you could just kill them all!!! HAHA!! Yes....
"I also forgot to mention that we both play the same game but he prefers talking outside of it since we have no one to interrupt us then."

I think you forgot to read that part. D: We both play, he's like 20 levels higher than me, in fact. ._.
There's always my second suggestion. >:D
Unless your married, you have no reason to spend all your time with one guy. He either respects the fact the he isn't the center of your universe, or he loses out.

Unless you enjoy coddling someone out of guilt, do what you want to, regardless of how someone else will feel.
Have you tried to divide your time equally between them?
That won't do, we both were hoping to spend most of our time with each other, especially since he's alone without me. ._. My boyfriend doesn't even have friends and isn't at all close to mine, so... dividing time makes it worse for him since he has no one to go to when I'm not around.
Well, he should make more friends. You're not responsible for *his* social life.