Girlfriend wants me to meet her dad for dinner...

Basically he scares me to death...and he does not like me at all...i do not know how to act or what i should be saying. And i am not looking forward to the awkward questions he will ask me about his daughter/my girlfriend. I love her to death so of course i will go but i do not have any clue as to what i do...I would not know how to respond to his questions either...i may die...He is insain, not kidding. Not all right up in the head if you know what i mean? and tips?...o btw im not into sports so not really a topic i can bring up with him...
Comments148
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
All you need to do is be yourself...because he is going to hate you anyway.
You are or he thinks you are or will be plowing his little girl.

Also, avoid saying, "She calls me daddy too ya know."
Also, do not think of that while you are meeting him...which you will now.
Jus lettin everyone know that it happend...
be yourself. there's no reason for you to feel confused about how to present yourself in front of anybody. it's his fault for not liking you, not yours. and after the dinner if he still doesn't like you, who's fault is it? his. there's nothing wrong with you no matter what he says. just be yourself and be honest. try to relax and just be you. that's really all there is to it. oh and don't try to avoid any questions or topics just because of him. and besides, there's only so much that you can say at dinner anyways. you'll do perfect dude. tell us how it goes. and remember, don't let him try to tell you who & what you are just because you're with his daughter (and he may not like you). you already know who you are. so if he wants to be a grumpy old man, then let him be. just know that it has nothing to do with you, 'cause your not doing anything except loving his daughter.
Treat it like going to dinner with anyone else. Just be yourself, only with better spelling.
All fathers are like that. They're just protective.

Don't do anything stupid, such as make advances on his daughter. Restrain yourself for the sake of your relationship.

Present yourself as dignified and mature.
i....cant...restrain...myself...!
I had dinner with my boyfriends perents on our second date ~ and it was weird and funny and fun and awesome ~ just be yourself and try to have fun and if you two act normally around each other her dad will pick up on it ~ I am really good friends with my boyfriends mum and step dad now :heart:
what happend>? howd it go
ha ha ha his stepdad am me got on really well from the get go and his mum looked at me and said ~ well I know your name and your age and your gender ... and I hope that I will get to know you better ~ and now we are awesome friends lolz ~ but yer we just had a quiet dinner out in the lounge room and his mum cooked lol ~ and now she gets peeved that I am a better cook than her lolz ....
hehe interesting...
but yer she said something that indicated she knew I was sleeping with him the other day ~ because I said well he's not rude or mean to me and she laughed and said he cant be ~ you sleep with him ... *insert awkward silence then hysterical laughter from the both of us* leaving my boyfriend embarrassed and speechless lol.
Haha! That reminds me of my dad...He's crazy. He even said he will sit out front with a baseball bat so whenever I have a boyfriend who wants to take me out on a date comes up he will chase them....
I am dreading that moment...

Anyways, just be yourself, for the most part. Don't be stiff and tense becuase then he will tell that you are scared, which might not be a good thing. Just be nice and answer his questions as best you can, even if they are the 'akward questions.'
They can smell fear yes?...
I'm not too sure...
But, if you act really tense and scared then they can most likely tell.
Just try to be yourself.
Have you ever met him before? I mean how do you know that he doesn't like YOU?
Anyhoes, be polite, but don't bend over and take it up the ass, if you know what i mean.
And i'm sure that your girlfriend can inform you a little bit about his likes and dislikes.

And if he does remove your balls, you can always get a testicular prosthesis. Look at the bright side, you can get them bigger!
i met him, hes crazy...but he looks cool...maybe ill complament him...
Bring up his daughter as little as possible, or at least if you do make sure it is in very respectful terms. No 'she's hot' stuff

if he's into sports, brush up on some, just to know team names he likes. If he talks about sports, just indicate you don't really follow, but let him inform you. It'll take away from you being a boyfriend a bit and more like a person he's having a conversation with.

Be polite. Ask what he does. Things like that.
Hey...that sports thing is good advice! thank you.....