Copyrights

Hello! I have started GFX(ing) like a year ago and in fact I have downloaded a lot of resources from DA especially, I don't even remember  from where or when I have downloaded them. 

Sometimes I was renaming the files such renders and the C4Ds to make it easy for me to find them. so I can't really credit the artist of his work, I would like to upload some my work here and I really want to avoid any problem with anyone so How can I avoid any rules/Copyrights violation? Sweating a little... 

or the best thing is to not upload them xD  :( (Sad) 

I hope I didn't post it in the wrong forum. 
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:iconmorbidman187: :iconmrs-durden: wrong forum, please fix.
Sometimes the original file you downloaded, be it an image or even a brush or color palette will have the creators name in the file name somewhere like "brush-set-ZF34-by-Aren-Elsa.whatevertheextentionis" I know this because to properly credit for snowflakes used in some of my parjects I find the maker of said brushes through the filenames
Well I think I won't have problem with the brushes,I have downloaded only few of them and they are free to use for non-commercial use.
Mhm, that's good too; all the brushes I get are free for noncommercial uses, sure I make gifts for friends or stuff for myself, never to sell, even then I got the maker's name for said brushes
I also make signatures/tags for myself in forum, or requests sometimes, I have a lot of renders and some of them are from here and I don't really know If the artist is giving them for free or he is asking to credit him, so What do you suggest to avoid that. Would "I don't own the resource (renders, abstracts and C4D)" solve the problem. 
Well, I can only advise, not be 100% certain on things, so.....

My advice is simple, if you dont know where a resource came from, lets say, a background image of say, Cinderella Castle from Walt Disney World Resort for example, and you use it as a background and what happens in the forground is the focus, and you cannot find who took the picture of the castle in the background, in my personal case I'd mention "I'm not sure who took the castle picture, if it is yours please let me know in the comments below so I can properly credit"

So it'd be like this {for example only}

"{picture link here with image I took as the background}
Info of said picture with credits
Castle background found I think through here or google images, if its yours please comment below so I can properly credit"
Me four days {or hours} later "Hey wow, that's my picture! Very nicely done; I've been wondering if I could see my pictures used in artwork!"

Most likely scenario in my personal case is me commenting and then faving the work made with my picture I took as a backdrop in the art with compliments on the piece in question on how good it is used.

So far I've not had any problems personally on things like this though. Most shots I've yet to get comments on of pictures used in my artworks.

I do however wish you the very best of luck!
oh Thanks, That's actually a good way, Thanks a lot I really apreciate it :D 
You are most welcome! Glad to be of help :)
Have you tried finding the artists through google images?
Go to images.google.com/ , use the search by image feature (the camera) and upload the picture you want found.
Then through the list you get click on the one that links to DeviantArt and you will most likely have a link to the piece you originally downloaded.
Thanks for the feedback. 
Damn I have totally forget about that feature Sweating a little... 
Tried it couple of times, but still don't get the exact result I want, (2 out of 5 tries directed me to the right page) 
Thank you :D (Big Grin)