Online Dating

I was considering online dating.
But scared of the consequences. Like
what if someone I know finds me, or worse, what if my sister finds out I'm using an online dating site?
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
They're pointless and very, very rarely ever work out unless you guys actually plan on meeting in person. Can't form an actual relationship just through online, gotta make actual contact.

And they're risky, what if you didn't like them much in person ending up in disappointment. Crushing online doesn't always equal you'll also crush in person. Some do, some don't
Personally, I'm not a fan of online dating ;w; Simply because some people are very different from their online persona compared to how they act in reality. Also, cause a lot of online relationships are long distance, and I'm someone that really needs something tangible ~ Tis just me though! It works out for some people, just something I could never see myself doing (: <3
>what if someone I know finds me, or worse, what if my sister finds out I'm using an online dating site?

I believe that means you are obliged to fight to the death. The winner may continue to use the site.
I've never been a fan of dating sites. People look at you like an ad for sale and if you aren't above decent looking they just quickly go onto the next person..and you could have a degree, compassionate on volunteering for your community, stable job/income, etc.
But as days-be-strange said, getting to know them is the best thing to do. Finding people is half the battle though.. I'm an introvert myself so you won't find me in bars or any social gathering places.

Online dating is..exactly what it is, depending on how open people are around you are and how much you care about what they think. It can be a huge influence on whether or not a relationship can last.

However don't let any of that get to you, you might possibly find the best person in the world.
Something like T*nder?
It isn't that bad. If you've spoken with them for a good enough time and smart enough you can weed out the worst. 
I'd be more concerned about the people you meet on those sites. 
Yeah I joined one and all the men seem so creepy.
Most of them are, dating sites are not happy places. 
I canceled my membership.
I'm just so alone in this world!