Anyone from Wisconsin, USA?

Yeah, that state full of cows and drunk people. At least a few of us here try to pretend to do some art. Anyway, I'm looking to make a meetup in the upcoming months if anyone is interested. 
Comments20
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I live in Wisconsin on the Chequamegon Bay. It's a beautiful area with wonderful parks and hiking areas! Sure we have some drunks (who doesn't like a beer every once and a while, I mean really gotta love going to Chippewa Falls for some Leinies taste testing) and a lot of cows but we do have good artists. I just saw some beautiful glass work from Oulu and Bayfield had its art festival. What part of the state you heading to?
I know there's some great art in WI, I live in the Madison area and there's a tiny art colony name Paoli nearby. 
Oh- it just seemed like you were making fun of Wisconsin saying its full of cows and drunks. It's kind of a pet peeve to me since I live in the sticks where the natural beauty gets over shadow because of the alcohol and dairy stereotype not mention the 'country folk/hick' stereotype. I can't tell you how many times someone has asked me if I ever "Tipped a cow." or have said, "There's nothing to do but drink."
Those people are pretty ignorant to the diversity towns have.
I'd love to go to Madison- its very far but it's a place I haven't been too yet. Everyone tells me its a lovely city with good music.
If you ever need a nice quiet retreat, you should come up to Ashland, Mellen, Washburn, Iron River, Hayward or Bayfield. They are all beautiful locations. It's a nice escape. Great camping, fishing, hiking, cute down towns. They have opened access to more waterfalls recently. It's super cool because some of the trails and water falls are like you've gone into a Lord of the Rings adventure or you get the feeling that a dinosaur or sasquatch is going to show up!
Are you traveling to meet people or just looking to meet up in Madison?
I apoligize for the sarcasm. I suppose I'm used to the thick snarky shells of my fellow deviants that it kinda came out mean. I used to live out near Hurley, and I went to Ashland all the time. I've been to Applefest in Bayfield (too many apples). I'm willing to travel if I get more people on board.
Well its not total sarcasm- not everyone drinks responsibly!
Anyhow, you went up to Ashland a lot? Did you ever stop in the down town stores like Home Expressions, Trendy Gifts, and or New England Store? Ashland is my hometown if you were up there a lot maybe you might have met me? How many people you trying to wrangle to be able to come up?
It depends, Ashland is a ways from most cities, (Duluth, Wausau, and other parts. I might do something in smack the middle maybe. 
Duluth has a great sushi restaurant! Wausau isn't too far away. I guess when you live in the middle of no where, a couple hour drive is "not too far away". Well if you ever get something planned out- send me a note! I'm usually pretty open except in Winter- I get a little skiddish about driving!
View all replies
No, but my fiancé and I are applying for jobs in Green Bay and Madison, so we very well could be there in a few months.
Madison is a great city, but the job market is a little clogged due to students.
I hear that. I live in a college town at the moment and it's tough. College towns are oversaturated with advanced degrees, so it makes it difficult to compete.
30 minutes out of town your good, but then again the city is the only place to get papaya spears. 
Green Bay WI.

If I say any city outside of GB then you will have no idea where I'm from.
I love Green Bay- When I visit family in Sheboygan, sometimes we stop in Green Bay. Love my Packers! Green Bay has a lot of good shows at cool bars. Bummed that the Crunchy Frog closed down!
In this opportunity , i want to invite to every people for holiday to BALI.
We have lovely beach, beautiful places ,green and delicious meal.
Let`s Vacancy to Bali..
Here we provide packages tour, transportation, tour service, and experienced.
Contact mail at putusudarsana82@yahoo.co.id