Any animators out there?

Hobbying, students or even pros? I would like to make more animator friends to exchange and support each others!

You're welcome to send me a note if you wanna chat, if you have a Skype, it's even better! ^^

Best regards :)
Comments26
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yes animators here, Mine is still in production, it's called. I Saw The Sky, A 3d animated sci fi short film by Martin Kalimukwa.

Hopes of blessed children - 1 by spartanx118 Jessie Character by spartanx118 Lucy by spartanx118 I saw the sky: by spartanx118
I dabble a little in 2D hand drawn animation.

I'm working on one right now as part of a competition  - so much drawing!

I really want to collaborate with a real animator at some point in the future and create something really great
That's the spirit!

Me and my friend are trying to gather other animators to help each other improve our skill on soft wares as well as art in general, we might work all together on a mutual project to an extend too :)

Mind me if I ask what kind of competition you're entering? That sounds interesting >w<
Ah that's really cool. 

What programs do you use?

It's for an indie film company here in the UK, if I win they'll use my animation for their film opening sequences, so that'll be cool.

Your Panik creatures are really cool btw :meow:
Well, I just started.... if that counts >.> ^^;
Of course it does, we all have to start somewhere. :)
Yeah ;v; Well lately I don't have the time to work on that but when I do I'm hoping to practice more :'D
No problem! Don't hesitate to come to me if you ever need help for an animation project when you feel ready! ^^
Okie, thanks~ :'>
Im majoring Animation in highschool, though i barely post here, i have done some animations for comic con events for my school and friends who wanted to set up booths. And im also setting up to do a story for my character. If  you wanna talk more my skype is Bazookakingg 
How cool! Did you upload your animations anywhere? I'm kinda curious to see them, haha!
Sadly no, my school computer has them, i can see if i can take them from there if you would like?
Studying it, 1 year left before I enter the terrifying world of careers. Not got any up on here though.
I used to make models and animate them, however I've made my last animation about three or four years ago as unfortunately I don't have time for it. Right now I rather stick to concepts and modelling as that's less time consuming.
Woah your 3D skill is pretty neat! I saw you're doing 3D prints too! Can I ask how is that going? :)
I had some plans to do 3D printing as well, this is pretty exciting!
The 3D printing is just an experimental stuff, a side project what I've just started recently and the winged lady is that experiment, the prototype to learn what is possible with 3D printing as I've never done that before either. Right now I also ask around to know what and how should be done, but until this time it seems a watertight shell object is enough in OBJ or STL format to make the print. But then, we shall see the end results within a few weeks when I'll print the lady. But I believe I'll also hire someone to check the model first, prior I would send her into the printer as I'm also not sure in this. So I also learn this as I progress with the model. :)
How cool! I've seen some tutorials of the process to go through in 3D printing, that might help you get a clearer idea of what it's like!
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=…
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=…
Thanks. I'll check them out. Every little bit helps, even if Blender is a bit different than 3D Max what I use. But the essence is basically should be the same. At least theoretically. :)
im just starting but i know the basics
We all start somewhere! :3
indeed we do, although im working more lately on being more comfortable with sai then moving forward
I see! Well you should be set up pretty fast. Are you planning on using a specific animation software?
yea, cant recall the name off the top of my head but i know it's flash. 
my only issue will probably be timing on keyframes and stuff.
Ah don't worry about those, they are pretty easy to get used to!

Do you have any specific project in mind for an animation?
View all replies