Anyone from ILLINOIS?

Hi all, I just moved to the new state of IL and am looking to make friends. This is the first time ever that I've reached out to the DA community, I've only been on DA for like... a decade <.<;
But anyway, if anyone is close and wants to chat, and depending on closeness, go out for tea or something somewhere, that'd be fabulous.
Comments55
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm from Illinois! Hi! :wave:
Hello! Where in IL are you? I just got here so I'm still trying to find my way around this place. I live near Aurora now.
I can't really say where I live; but the town I live in is in Cook County.
Ah, that's somewhat near me... maybe, lol. It's still hard to tell distance.
I'm in Indiana were not really that far...
So close, yet so far lol
I'm so glad I'm finding some Illinoisians! Thanks to all who said Hi and welcomed me!
Let's hear some noise for Illinois! I'm probably a little old to hang out with but welcome.
I'm looking to make some friends so age means nothing to me. I actually connect rather well with older people more often than younger or same age. It may have something to do with having few peers and more older peeps to grow up with.
Well it's a pleasure to meet you. I guess most people I interact with here are way younger than me. I mostly hang out in the deviants and thumbshare forum which is a good place to meet people.
Oh yeah? Why do you hang there?
Each forum seems to have it's own personality. Politics is completely argumentative, Philosophy & Religion is mostly atheists and christians having their continual banter, Complaints is frivolity buried under insults, Thumbshare is art whoring and Deviants is communal with a touch of silliness. The last two fit me best.
Art whoring? sounds scary o.0;
Not really, it's just showing off your art with no remorse.
View all replies
CHI-TOWN BABY :la:

Kidding. :giggle: I'm from the south suburban area.
Coolies, how close are you to the Aurora area?
According to Google Maps, I'm just about 57 miles east of there. :giggle: I'm practically three miles from the Indiana border.

My college is only 23 miles south of you though... :paranoid:
Haha, when we told my mom's friend we moved to Sugar grove she started shouting we were moving to Iowa. Supposedly there's nothing west of us besides corn <.<;
Ironically, you're practically not very far away from the Iowa border, I see. :giggle:
I'd say we're still closer to Indiana, but yeah, it really looks like nothing besides farms exists in IL after a certain radius from Chicago o.0;
Im from inner city Chicago. 
Oh? How has your experience been and are you still there? Your post makes it sound as if you moved.
Im still here. I never been out of Cook County. 
Aside from my brief stint in Will, neither have I. :giggle: