Have you ever attended to a devmeeting?

I'm planning a first meeting with local artists, and I want it to be perfect, so... if you have attended to any devmeet, I would like to hear about your experience.

Where was it held? what did you all did?, like how many people was there?, what did you like the most? what you didn't like? did you have any schedule for the meeting?

Thanks in advance :)
Comments32
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I went to three.

The first was nice. I met a nice guy... but ehm.. the situation was bad after 4 months.

The second one was funny. I met a girl and she and I was in a funny mood.

The third was a nice guy.
10/10 Memoir of the year.
Cool. And what did you do in those devmeets? :)
Well we get friends. They live near of me, so we wanted to met us. Qw was in a restaunte I noticed. Lol I mez all three in a different restaurante XD
A restaurant sounds like a nice place for the meet :la: Of course, nothing expensive. LOL.Thanks btw! :#1:
I went to one, and I didn't really know I was part of it until last minute. I thought my friend just asked me to hang out and draw with some other artists, then I found out it was a DA meet up. It was a bit odd, because the person who originally organized the meet up didn't/couldn't make it, so my friend had to sort of take the reins last minute. :shrug: it was like any other time when you hang out with a group of people with no destination or activity in mind. At first we were in a park drawing until we gathered everyone, and then we wandered over to a near by mall for food, ate, drew a bit more, talked, and then we took some group pictures outside and that was that.

It was fun, although I don't think I'd have gone without my friend, I don't like meeting up with strangers. I don't know what I'd have changed. When you've got a group of strangers whose only connection is DA and art, I don't think it's a good idea to plan anything too wild, because there's going to be someone who isn't in to that sort of thing. I'd plan for it in nice weather, in a nice place. It might be neat to time it with a minor festival, so you can all draw outside on some blankets and enjoy the music and/or show. But I wouldn't plan it to happen when something BIG is happening, because some people would rather fully enjoy a big event than sit with strangers and draw.

Whatever you plan, be ready to be the diplomat. Everyone in the meet up I went to was pleasant and normal, but being the internet, you might have someone show up who may be a problem one way or another. Be ready to keep the situation from getting creepy, awkward, or tense.
Indeed! Wow. Thanks. Your comment has been the best until now :D
I agree. Avoiding the wild stuff, and big events for the devmeet will be the best if I want it to suceed. ^^
Thanks again :)
No problem. And just thinking about it now, I'd also plan it to happen in a public space (a park, a mall, etc) and I'd set an easy to find meeting point and a time when you'll be leaving the meeting point. We had an awkward situation where my friend wasn't sure where the meeting point was, so we hung around for a long time looking for people. SOme people may not have seen us. And if you set a time when you'll be leaving the meeting point, you won't have to stay there for the entire time. Unless you set the meeting point as the place the meet's happening.

Also, set an end time. Again, it's the internet, you might get someone who can't take a hint and would follow you home otherwise.

And, encourage everyone to bring a friend, so they feel more safe.
Sounds great!!!!!!! :la: choir
Setting a schedule with end time sounds like a nice idea. Here, is very common the lack of punctuality, so if someone's late for the meeting, he/she will be able to meet us in the next place.
Really. Thank you very much for the help :#1: You're awesome! :D
No problem, good luck
My city hardly even exists according to some people and even if a meet were held in my country it'd most likely be the other cities, not the one I live in. And I'm not going to go all the way to Sydney to meet people I don't know and will probably not like.
I didn't even know they had one in Australia!

Well, I can agree with you that I wouldn't be bothered to go unless I knew or were interested in at least one person there.
Haha. Yeah. Sounds like too much effort for nothing. That's why I want to make this devmeet to be interesting. :D
Me gustaria mucho ir a uno pero nunca eh sabido de un dev meet en N.L.  :<
Pero por allá si hacen no? D: Deberían!!
En mi ciudad tampoco ha habido alguna u_u
Creo que si hacian pero ultimamente ya no :<  , es que tengo poco en DA nwn, pero si estaria genial .3.
Ya decía yo. Eso lo explica xD jaja
:whisper: just so you know, the forums are English only! :)
Thanks. I know. I just thought it would be impolite replying them in english.
Never have before, but was gonna make a thread for one when my Comic-Con comes around this summer.  It'd be cool to meet up with ppl with similar interests and let ppl know "hey, if you see so and so that might be me, a fellow deviant"
Haha yeah. I also think so :)
Thanks!
La verdad no he ido a ninguno pero he visto varios organizados aka por ejemplo luego iban a coyoacan y era de llevar dinero pa'l lonche o cuaderno pa' rayonear, cámaras o cosas así! :D espero que el tuyo tenga éxito! Pregunta a quienes estén cerca de tu área, igual entre todos hacen una lluvia de ideas y planean algo que a todos agrade y que llame la atención de más gente! Éxito!