Closed to new replies
January 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

Cons in Pennsylvania

:iconrebecca-bear7:
Rebecca-Bear7 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student General Artist
Hey! Does anyone know if there are any upcoming anime cons in Pennsylvania? Also are there an Homestuck meets coming up soon here?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjesseallshouse:
JesseAllshouse Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
Pittsburgh Comicon but it's not until the last weekend in September.
:iconjio-derako:
Jio-Derako Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
+1 for the Zenkaikon suggestion, the venue this year is going to be awesome, and there are a lot of nearby attractions as well. (plus I'll be there, and that's an instant increase of 30% awesome; you'll be able to find me running around wearing a staff shirt.)
I don't know all that much about Homestuck, I just know that last year's Zenkaikon had a pretty big showing of Homestuck fans (literally couldn't look in any direction without seeing at least one). There's definitely going to be Homestuck fans there this year, though I've no idea how many.

Wizard World Comic Con is always pretty big, and right in the middle of Philly, so it's super-easy to get to.

The other suggestion is to look into traveling a bit; there's a bunch of conventions that set up home in Maryland, which isn't a long trip at all (I believe Amtrak can get you to most of them, and there's of course the buses; if you're younger though, you might have a parent going with you anyway, so it's not a long drive from the Philadelphia area.
Katsucon is coming up in two weeks, in National Harbor MD; there's also Otakon later this year, which should be in Baltimore (and though I've never been, I hear it's worth the trip).
Rebecca-Bear7 Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Student General Artist
I'm 14 so I'm trying to get my parents to take me to WWCC but thank you very much for this information.
:iconjio-derako:
Jio-Derako Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Best of luck! WWCC is a pretty awesome con, from what I've seen of it (I've only ever been to the WWCC in NYC, and I was on-staff for something in another room so I barely got to see the main floor). Plenty of my friends tell me the one in Philly was great. :aww:
:iconaspacecowboy:
aspacecowboy Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
Don't know what part of the state you're in IncandescentInsanity, but I'm busy any day I want to be.

[link]

Zenkaikon moved to Lancaster, accessible by train, ample paid parking on site. Not my style, but if it's yours, more power to you.

Within a 10 minute walk are dozens of restaraunts from a variety of styles and nationalities, as well as the infamous Village Bar and Chameleon Club for live music. Come for the Amish, stay for everything else.
:iconcalpicokitty:
calpicokitty Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh my goodness if there's a comic-con in PA while I'm home I'll so be there.
Rebecca-Bear7 Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Student General Artist
I looked into it apparently it's in Philadelphia from May 30-June 2.
:iconfighterxaos:
fighterxaos Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional Writer
There's Philadelphia Comic Con. There's plenty more cons too, I'll have to ask around since I don't remember. I'm not from there but many of my colleagues are and if you're heavy into comic books there's quite a bit going on in Philly.
Rebecca-Bear7 Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Student General Artist
Thanks for the information. I didn't realize there was a Comic Con in Philly. I thought it was just in San Deigo and New York, but I'll look into it.
:iconfighterxaos:
fighterxaos Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Writer
No problem. I actually am planning to go there myself and meet the people I work with. Here's some info on it if you'd like [link]
Add a Comment: