St. Louis Artists? (Or Any in Missouri)

I'm looking to find some friends in my area to maybe meet up with once in a while and maybe do critiques and such to help each other get better. I'd really love to have a group of at least 3 or 4 people together to meet up(maybe like once a month, or every couple weeks or something) and everyone bring in a new drawing and each get a turn with it being critiqued, with advice and such. ONLY helpful critiques, though. I want this to be like a sort of support group. Maybe we could even do art trades within the group every so often.

If anyone is from St. Louis or in Missouri, please feel free to message me or just reply here for more info. :)

About me:
I'm an 18 year old college student(studying Fine Arts, but I will be changing my major later on when I transfer colleges to one in California) who loves reading/writing, obviously drawing, music, fashion, anime/manga/graphic novels, etc. I love animals, too, but I'm not a vegetarian(not against anyone who is, for sure; I just like meat, lol). I have a weird way of eating, lol. I won't eat any meat unless it's from my family's farm or from another credible source for several reasons. I have two dogs, a cat, and a horse. Anything else you want to know, please ask! :)
Comments17
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hey! The art club is actually discussing doing something like that at school- having some sort of peer critique session, maybe every week or every other week or something. If we don't get that set up, I'd still be happy to work with you :D
Oh, that'd be awesome! :) Let me know how it goes, I def. wanna be a part of it!
... I forgot to bring it up today 8D;; I'm so sorry. I'm new to this running a club thing, but I'll try to get a discussion going next week.
Oh, so you got elected, for sure, then? :'D
Yep! I'm da prez B)
...Actually I'm fairly terrified and not used to this yet. Public speaking of any kind is not my thing 8D; Oh well, it's still going to be a good year. We've got a good group :)
Yay!! Congrats!!! ^-^
You'll get used to it and get better at it. :)
I don't live there anymore, but I use to live in Hazelwood. D:
Oh, cool! You were so close! I live in Villa Ridge, which is between Union, Washington, and Gray Summit(which is right by Pacific and Eureka). I go to St. Louis a few times a year. It's not a long drive, so I figured it'd be no problem at all to drive there more. lol Where do you live now?
I live in Washington state now. >.< Kind of a drive. Haha.
Oh, wow. xD I'll be moving to California in 3-4 years. lol So, I'll be making a big move soon. lol
No. Well, kinda. My boyfriend's college. lol We're sorta taking turns with college so one of us can be working to be able to support us.
That sounds like a pretty good system. I'm gonna be going to school with two jobs, and my boyfriend is full time school with a job as well... kind of stressful.
View all replies