Closed to new replies
January 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

How is it out there in Singapore?

:iconswxrdz:
SwxrdZ Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I'm an african-american soul willing to live out in Singapore to go to an art school for a years time. If there are any Singaporeans out there lingering dA or folks who has been there for a stay, let me know what it's like:)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconchinseiju:
chinseiju Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional General Artist
I wish to meet up fellow singapore deviant artists.
:)
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student General Artist
I know how its there for vacation time, since my mom goes there in singapore. The good thing is you can pretty easily speak english in most of the area. The language is singlish. Some areas, you may need some Chinese or the other languages, but most of the time you won't be needed it. There is alot of shopping districts and oh, hawker centers are where its at. Hawker Centers, are food courts, but the most famous ones are the ones out doors. Its mostly street food, but really good food, and most of the time cheap. If you want some good and cheap food, go to hawker centers. There is also some spicy food that was featured on Bizzare foods, which is called Laksa. Its my dad's favorite food too, and Its pretty good if your can handle the spice.

Again, like I said, if you like shopping districts, singapore is for you too. You can do alot of shopping in one mall, and various malls. I frankly wasn't interested, because I never like shopping, but my brother just love the shopping centers. One place is good is People's Park; they offer things for cheap. However, you got to be aware too that people are going to rip you off there, so be careful visiting there.

I think in singapore, you need to learn to haggle in certain areas, but not totally sure, since Im not the once paying the money.

Tempuratures are hot, and moist. Singapore alot rains a few times a year, since its a tropical climate. There is also mosquitos, so you better get some Deets while in Singapore.

How to get to places, most of the time, Taxi is usually the way to go, but if not, you can also take the train too. Those are both good transportations. I don't think you need a car, and from my mom and her relatives, its hard to get a license in singapore anyway. I think that is true, since I hear singaporeans are crazy drivers.

There is also a near by island too that has now Universal studios, sentosa Island. The last time I went to Universal, it was pretty much unfinished and boring, but It could be more developed by now. Not all the rides were built. If you want to go to universal and if there is no tickets, search for tour bus tickets or find a tour center that sells them early in the morning. But even if you didn't like Universal, there is alot to do on Sentosa. The last time, we only went to universal so, we didn't spend too much time there.

Lastly about art school like feng zhu school and design, you can find alot of forums on concept art about artist going to singapore.
wow, I bookmark'd this just in case I needed to look for more details on food and sorts..this is very sweet of you to go out of your way to post up info<3. I do have interest in the FZD school(even though I heard it was an intensive one year program). thanks a bunch:)
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student General Artist
Your welcome.

Well its various asian foods, mostly of the island and southeast asian types, such as Satay and Laksa. Even the indoor food courts, they got various foods, and theres alot of those too. My bro misses the pepper lunch, which surprisingly it originated in japan which before singapore we went to japan and never saw this place. What it is, its basically the food cooks on your plate. Thats pretty much the novelty. Your plate is a hot iron plate that cooks the meat, pepper rice, and other things in it.

I don't think you will get bored of the food, there is alot of place to shop and eat and things you don't see in america. There is of course Mcdonalds too. And the famous yucky durian.
:iconfelissauria:
Felissauria Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
This forum is for setting up DevMeets, only. :) Might wanna try Deviants.
thanks for the tip:)
Add a Comment: