Closed to new replies
January 8, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 68

San Francisco Meetup?

:iconnidhi-rathish:
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Ok I'm going to be honest - I have no idea how these work and I'm hoping you guys can come up with some stellar ideas (as I'm sure you will!)

I would love to have a San Francisco Deviant Meetup! I haven't been active for a while and I think meeting other artists can help rekindle my creativity. Also I am pretty bored and don't have too many friends here so I'm hoping to make lots of new ones. :D

So, anyone in the SF area want to hang?!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
Ok this event has been postponed to next Sunday at 11:30AM Feb 3rd - Yerba Beuna Gardens! Brunch in the park by the waterfall gardens - I will be bringing some food, snacks and drinks. Everyone interested in attending please note me by Saturday (Feb 2nd) afternoon :aww: Looking forward to meeting everyone!

PS: Also let me know if you have any allergies/gluten-free requirements in your notes! Thanks!
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
Hello! This event has been tentatively moved to 3PM to give enough time for people to note me in case you are attending. Please note me to confirm your attendance! :aww: Or else we can push it to next weekend so that people have enough time to plan and respond. :)
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
Still waiting for RSVPs! If I don't hear back today then we can push the meeting to a more agreeable time maybe tomorrow afternoon around 2-3PM? Or maybe push it to next weekend?
Let me know! :aww:
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
Noted everyone who has expressed interest in attending!
:icontvlookplay:
tvlookplay Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:thumbsup:
:iconieatclouds:
ieatclouds Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013   General Artist
Yay, let's meet!
Note sent!
:icontoshiro12:
toshiro12 Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
wish i could be there! I got science fair though.:(
Aww that's too bad. Good luck with the science fair though! :D
:icontoshiro12:
toshiro12 Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
thanks!
Ohh that's too bad! Good luck with the science fair though :D
:icondarkmousysminion:
DarkMousysMinion Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student General Artist
Aw man, did I miss out on this? As in did it happen this past weekend?

I live right over in Berkeley so I'd love to meet up with peeps in the Bay sometime. We'd need to coordinate dates and times and such but I'm down if we can get something together :).
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
This sunday work for you? Possibly Beuna Vista park and I will bring some food and drinks along :)
:iconjedah3:
jedah3 Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
With the rain possibly coming in this weekend, we should be move to either an indoor venue or to another weekend?
jedah3 Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
Wait. Scratch that last message. Looking at a different weather report, and it says it's gonna be sunny.
tvlookplay Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
i wanna go!

anyone carpooling from SD? >.>
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
Indeed! San Diego? Wow! I can car pool with you from south bay though- that's where I will be travelling from. Do you think you will be able to make it next sunday? :) I will be bringing along some food and drinks for everyone!
nah i was just messing ^^;

although it would be awesome to know another deviant in san diego :/
but im out of luck ;)

good luck with your meet :D hope it goes well ;)
Haha! Well thats too bad I wanted to meet someone from SD :D Well if I'm ever down there I will definitely look you up :aww:
tvlookplay Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
im sure you'll forget ;p

but i apreciate the thought xD thanks :D
Haha of course not! I may be slow in responding but I def won't forget :D
:iconyashachan:
yashachan Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I know it's not SD, but there's usually a deviant or two in LA that are up for carpooling/road-tripping up to the SF Bay for meets. $haldron is the last one I talked to about it, when I had a meet in the Berkeley area in September. He may also know deviants in SD, or know deviants who do.
tvlookplay Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
yeah but thats one of the top dogs :P
they dont really talk to us newbies :cry:

but thank you for letting me know ;)
:iconhaldron:
haldron Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
:mwahaha: 
tvlookplay Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
speak of the devil :omfg:

dont banned me... i was just joking, i know you talk to a lot of newbies ^^;

:worship:All HAIL $HALDRON! All HAIL $HALDRON! All HAIL $HALDRON!
:iconjuturn-al:
Juturn-AL Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Professional General Artist
SD as in San Diego?? That's a long trip!
>.>

<.<
Juturn-AL Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional General Artist
That sounds fun, although I won't be available this sunday. This planning out isn't that easy :tears:
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Yeah! But don't worry I will try and get everyone together! Well what about next sunday?
Juturn-AL Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Professional General Artist
I think i'm available, im pretty sure
Alright mark your calendar next Sunday it is! :D
Ok how about a nice brunch picnic on Sunday in one of the many parks in SF? I can bring some food and some wine :) (open to suggestions) And if you want to you can bring some food of your choice as well! It's a good opportunity to get to know everyone and I might bring along some board games as well! The other option would be to go to a gallery/museum.

Does Sunday work for everyone? If not enough people are ok with this sunday we can do it next sunday (Jan 27). Let me know guys!
jedah3 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Can't believe I've only just seen this. Has this gone down already?
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
No you're just in time! I was thinking about a meetup this weekend - what do you think?
jedah3 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
With the exception of Friday, I think I can make it. Keep us posted on details?
Ok so brunch next sunday and I'll bring along some food and drinks :D I'll let you know about the place and send RSVP notes to everyone who expresses interest in attending :D
Sure! Just keep a lookout on the thread to see what develops!

I was thinking of a sunday brunch picnic in an SF park - do you think you will be able to make it? I'll keep you posted - if not everyone can make it this sunday I will push it to the next sunday.
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Ok I was thinking weekend - Fri/Sat/Sun works well for me so either of the days is fine by me. I will figure something out with everyones availability. I will take whatever suggestions you have for those days and we can narrow it down:

So far I have:
-Meridian Art Gallery
-cafe at SFMOMA
-Cannary Building showcasing winter exhibits from AAU
-Furcon?? (I tried to find information on this but couldn't so if you guys find anything feel free to post here!)

Pl reply also about which of the days Fri/Sat/Sun works best for you!
:iconfluffyindrag:
FluffyInDrag Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
I'd love to join in, but it would really help me out if I could carpool with folks from east bay/anywhere along 80 so as to save on time and bridge tolls. (Alternatively, there's also BART which I usually take from Berkeley to avoid dealing with parking).

Let me know if anyone is ineterested!
Do you think you would be interested in a Sunday brunch picnic in a park in SF? (this sunday or next depending on everyones availability)
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Hello! I will be taking the Caltrain up to the city myself so I'm sorry I can't really help you :( but I will make sure that the place where we meet up is well connected by muni etc because thats beneficial for me too!
Let me know if you had any ideas about where to meet up :) there are a few good ones in this thread already! I was thinking next Friday would be good and it would give people a chance to look at this thread and hopefully more deviants will join by then!
:icondonsimpson:
DonSimpson Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
I'm interested, but my schedule is weird and changeable, and I don't have a car, so I need near and timely public transportation.
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Hmm how about next Friday? nokari suggested AAU winter show exhibits at The Cannary building or SFMOMA. The Meridian Art gallery was another idea but I think Juturn-AL already went to that one.

I would love to hear your ideas and plan something that's convenient for everyone! I will be taking the Caltrain up myself to SF so something well connected by muni would be good for me too!
DonSimpson Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
That's FurCon weekend, so hard to say yet.
nidhi-rathish Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Do you think we could all go to FurCon? Can you post more info about it?
DonSimpson Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Problematic. I was intending to commute from Albany to downtown San Jose for one or two days at FurCon. I'm not in the dealer room this year, and the people I usually stay with when I'm a dealer are not going this year (and possibly never again). Below is the link to the FurCon web page, and you can see what you think of it as a meetup point.

[link]
Oh ok I suppose for a first time it would not work out. I was thinking of a sunday brunch in an SF park - what do you think? Will you be able to make it this sunday or the next?
DonSimpson Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Unfortunately, no. The two Sundays after that are still open. Then it's PantheaCon, Crystal Fair, ConSonance, and FogCon.
Oh that's too bad - but do you think you could squeeze in next sunday late morning to just drop by and say hello? :) Next sunday seems to work for most people and I have enough time to plan and prepare all the food too :D
(1 Reply)
Juturn-AL Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional General Artist
Yeah it is pretty short notice haha, but I was just throwing that out there since I was attending anyway. If there are any other cool receptions in the future just post here and hopefully more people will respond. I haven't seen much deviants from the Bay Area.
Add a Comment: