Zenkaikon / Philadelphia Area

Hi!

I was just curious if anyone is planning to go to Zenkaikon? It's an anime convention that's going to be held in late March in the greater Philadelphia area, around Lancaster. I'm going and it would be super awesome to meet some fellow deviants there. ;3

[link]
Comments26
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Zenkaikon!!! SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!! <3 (I live in Lancaster!)
Nifty! Then, it will be super easy for you to go, yeah?
Yes! i'm going all 3 days ^.^ Maybe we can all meet up at prince street for pizza?! :D
That sounds fun! I love pizza. ♥
Will this be your first time going to Zenkaikon? I've gone to Otakon almost every year since forever and Katsucon once, but never Zenkaikon.
Yes (this is the first the've held it close enough to go!) but this is not my first con- my dad used to take me to the one's in Florida when I was little (sadly I don't really remember them)
Aw! That's cool.

This will be the first con that will be close enough to me that I won't have to stay at a hotel. I may stay at a friend's house, but if not it's not a big deal to just drive there and back. I live outside of York, so it's not a long drive. ♥
<3 I live just outside of Lanc, in Quarryville. and my mom works in lanc so i'm lucky ^^
View all replies
Well, we're all still in high school, so we were thinking about attending all three days. We will all be skipping school and meeting at the convention center probably early that morning. For a lot of us, this will be our first time going to a con, so probably only a few of them, (including myself) will cosplay.
That's pretty exciting!
It's always more fun to go with other people. :3
Who will you be cosplaying as?
I'll be cosplaying as Canada from Hetalia. It's not a very complicated cosplay, but it works. :3 What about yourself, anyone exciting?
Oh, not really. . /// .

My friend who is also going wants to cosplay as Panty and Stocking, but I think it's rather too late to pull it together out of thin air. So, I kind of doubt that will be a thing that happens (also, I haven't watched that anime yet, so I would feel a little bad to cosplay it).

I have a Jade Harley cosplay from Homestuck that I wore once to Katsucon and the shoes hurt my feet so bad I had to turn around and change after an hour. T - T I've been thinking of just getting less terribad shoes and going as her! But, I'm still not sure.

Canada sounds adorable, though! I love Hetalia, but I've never cosplayed it. Ooo... Canada. I just want to huggle the holy love out of him. ♥
X3 You should cosplay, it'd be fun! Plus, you could show my loser friends how a real con-junkie does things! We'd be more then happy to have you along!

(( And yes, Canada ish meh baby... *Pets head.* ))
Yes! Show the little ones how to strut around town and take the stares in stride. ;D
Oh yes~ they'll need all the help they can get. Also, I hate to be nosy, but do you live in Lancaster?
View all replies
I'm going! Actually, I'm putting a group together of people who may want to attend... y'know, sort of a 'saftey in numbers' thing. I'd be very happy to have a fellow deviant join... you're welcome to, if you'd like!
That would be super nifty! Will you guys be meeting somewhere? Or, is it a cosplay group maybe?