Anyone from Colorado?

I live in Denver and although i moved here about 7 months ago i haven't really done anything or gone to too many places here (i love the 1up bar btw). My roommate is a basement dweller :/ I was curious to see who lives close to denver so maybe we could all hang out! Im also looking for a chibi artist atm but i'll post that on the projects forum.
Comments22
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Alright, I'm in CR.
I live about 40 minutes from Denver, in a town called Erie.
I'm not in Denver, but close enough. :la: About 40 miles away or so.
damn! i have to drive to colorado springs every other week so i know the feel lol
Yeah, I haven't really been to CO springs. I've driven past it many times though.
i've olny been to fort carson, it's where my friends brother stays at.
Ahh I see. Yeah, I live wayy up towards the Boulder area.
how is it overthere? i've never been down that way
Pretty decent. I've been to Boulder a few times, and it's alright. I prefer where I live much more. :giggle:
View all replies
i am in salida now but moving next week to arizona.
I've passed threw Arazona in the summer and i could't live there, it gets waaaaayyy too hot!
There are some places alot like colorado there, im not in the desert part, so its its alot like southwest colorado.
Try the bars on S. Broadway if your into the downtown thing. SoBo 151 is pretty good, but I usually go there on wednesday nights when its quiet... I dont like loud bars. Im Probably not the best tour guide, I spend my freetime out in the woods. Not sure what your into though, so I dunno what to tell you lol.
thank you, yeah actually i've been looking for a good hot spring place. it'd be cool to know a good hiking rout and I love camping but i don't think i'll be doing it anytime soon, it's getting colder! im from California, im a panzy when it comes to the cold here lol
glenwood which is a couple hours west on i 70 is probably the most well known hot springs on colorado and the only one ive been to but we have several other smaller ones. 1/3 of colorado is public land. we have lots of national forest a couple national parks several state parks and many other state and municipal lands that offer hiking backpacking camping and the like. the colorado parks and wildlife website can help you out at www.wildlife.state.co.us. i hope that helps. when im not at work i might have more information lol. i know i know some close trails denver i just cant think of them right now.
thank you so much, i'll definitely have to check it out!
Jefferson County manages several open space properties close to Denver. (I think all counties probably have open space areas, but being from Jeffco, I am most familiar with theirs) The problem with that is they are close to denver, so lots of people, especially on weekends. I am not sure if they allow camping, but deinately hiking and the like. [link] theres the website for you. Jefferson Couty borders Denver county on the west, and Id say nearly everywhere on this map [link] within an hours drive from Denver into the foothills. And like I said, the Division of parks and Wildlife is where youll find all the information on state parks. Also loook into places like the U.S. Department of the Interior for federal lands open to public use. Also here [link]. I hope you enjoy your time here in our beautiful state, but please, leave all your California crap in that state, we dont want it here ;).
right lol thank you sooo much for all your help! i've always wanted to backpack with my buddy, maybe ill finally get to do it!
No problem. I dont spend much time in the mountains, I usually hit I-76 and go east, since thats where I like to hunt. But, the outdoors is pretty much where I live so I spend a lot of time "e-scouting" paces to go and I know most of these helpful links by heart. Another good thing to get would a be a Colorado DeLorme's Gazetter. You can pick them up at like Sportsmans Warehouse (84th/I-25) or Basspro (quebec/I-70) Probably other places but I know for sure they have them there. They are baisically a road atlas that also has a lot of other information, epecially for recreation. Well, thats about all Ive got for right now, any other questions just ask!