Nope... the Internet STILL isn't serious business.

Okay, this is just plain fecked up!

[link]

That was the best summary I could get of this situation, but for those of you who can't be asked to read the article, I'll summarise:

Stefan Sharkansky (herby known as Shark because I can't be asked to type that out all the freakin' time), big time right wing internet blogger (for such a thing exists) goes to a restaurant with his wife and child. Said child is poorly supervised by said parents, who allow it to run wild in the restaurant and cause disturbance to fellow patrons. To top this off, they tip their waitress only 10%.

Waitress, so disguntled that she is, does him the ultimate dishonour... she posts a blog about how pissed she is. Oh how such evil must be punished! :roll:

Well, long story short, Sharky over there takes it a bit too personally, so what does he do? In short, he finds out as much about this womans personal life as possible and posts it on a well known blog, he gets her fired from the restaurant and (by getting a relative to go there and raise hell... talk about cowardice) and after she's removed the post from the blog, he still threatens to get her fired from her second job if she doesn't post a retraction... which she does (details found in above link).

Guns have been lowered now but... well what the feck?! (I'm going child friendly here) I mean who does this? I've seen people overreact to a little critisicm in my time (mostly here on dA), but to actually threaten to put someone in almost absolute financial trouble simply because they said something a little mean about you?! The hell do you think you are?!

tl;dr: Somewhat famous person gets ranted about on an internet blog by a waitress who served him, said almost famous person proceeds to ruin her emotionally and financially until she posts a retraction.
Comments91
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It's not only serious business -- it's also a hate machine. :iconanonymousmudkipplz:
We need a :iconfoxnewsplz:
I thought 10% was the commonly accepted tip? :o

--
how.. how many waitresses have I unknowenly offended?
Yeah, here in the UK it is because waiting staff here get decent wages, but in the US waiting staff pretty much live off of their tips and get crappy wage so it's more customary to tip more over there.
Wikipedia: Tipping
(in the United Kingdom)
"10% is a considered a good minimum within the restaurant industry and is generally considered the default"

--
phew.
:#1: When I take over the world, his kind will be on toilet-scrubbing duty.
Well there's something to look forward to. :)
I still think the story about the guy who burned down another guys trailer just because he got called a nerd is stupider. But this guy seems soo butthurt just because of a blog?

Sooner or later where gonna have kids murder each other because they "killed their character on Wow".
Yeah, it'll happen.
:iconprimouse: Fucking retard is fucking retarded.
Argh. He knew that she was a single parent of two children, and he still did that to her? Didn't he know that it would not only affect her, but her children as well? Not that it would have been right if she were single and didn't have any children. But come on. Most people would think twice when other people depend on her salary.

The internet can get you into a lot of shit these days. I've heard that nowadays, after job interviews, a lot of employers will Google your name and check up on your blogs and all that. Hurrah for not using my real name for anything. :P
Yeah, same here, hurrah for not using my real name for anything. Google my name and you come up with some child actor. :p
Moral of the story: Stupid people on the Internet are funny, no matter if they are done wrong or do wrong. =p

The fact that people use blogs like old fashioned diaries makes me giggle like a school girl.
Well, some people just use them to rant, nothing wrong with that.
Ms South Carolina wanted to add:

"I personally believe that srs businezs are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have srs businezs and uh, I believe that our, ah, srs businezs like such as in South Africa, and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uh, our srs businezes over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for our children."
What a video. :D
Yeah I had to get it out of my system...I personally feel much better now like such as in a soap house like, uh, in Tokyo...shitballs.
Things like this make me happy that a such thing as "fucked up" exists.
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. :p
Several witnesses have confirmed to me that they once saw Stefan Sharkansky beat a homeless man to death with a tire iron. And if Stefan denies it, he and his wife are free to sue me for defamation.

What a great writer. He should be giving a Pulzier's just for this sentence.