Not what i thought it would be

ok, ever since i got here only a full of people have talked to me, viewed my art or read my books. i've done everything i did everything to get you people to notice my skills and some people are just blind. like i said before, my first book isn't that great. but i need you guys to read it in order for me to post the second and third. this books are pretty good. i just don't see why people can't see that.
Comments72
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
dead thread is dead :|
I takes a lot of work to be noticed. I have done many many pictures and art comments and forum posts but I still don't even have that many watchers and stuff for the amount of time I have been on here. Also you have to realize reading is not what most people come to this site for so it is very hard to attract people with "wonderful reading pleasures".

Also try to update a lot people like artist who update their works frequestly. Note: do not upload with a lot but just make it all crap. Upload your best as much as you can.

Lastly try commenting on others artwork. They are more likely to look at you if you comment on them.
Lol no one likes ur art because all of your "original" characters are just combinations of other anime charcters.
Can you say "lazy and uncreative"?
Can you say "lazy and uncreative"?

Flaming isn't fun if it's too easy...

Where the hell did you dig up this fun thread anyway? :omg:
Don't necro. This thread was dead, and more to the point, the OP was BANNED. If you didn't know that's what the little exlamation mark meant.
You know, I find that being a forum whore helps get you pageviews and such. I only signed up July 2006, and my stats are as follows:
* 49 Deviations
* 8 Scraps
* 286 Deviation Comments
* 89 Deviant Comments
* 1 News Comment
* 849 Forum Posts
* 1,655 Pageviews

My boyfriend on the other hand has been here since December 2004, and his stats are like this:
* 13 Deviations
* 12 Deviation Comments
* 1 Deviant Comment
* 17 Forum Posts
* 529 Pageviews
this books ARE pretty good.

you book write super well!
Simple. dA is occupied by forum/comment/favourite whores ^^
'nuff said XD
You obviously can't type. Your "books" can't be that much better.
wait, i was just talking to a deviant of MSN. she told me, "dA isnt a popularity contest. all it is, is for artists and such to show their work and receive feedback" And for some strange reason, that made me feel better.
Okay, dude? Use the "reply" button.
Okay, let's see. Don't aim for popularity, you won't get that for a long time yet.
Secondly, your "novel" has atrocious grammar and spelling. The chapters are best described as a text wall. It's impossible to even TRY to get into the story because the bad grammar and spelling makes it confusing at best.
Comment comment comment on others' artworks/stories. Not just "I like this. it's so pretty". Like giving crits.
Tell how others can improve on their works. See, people have already given you crits.

And don't try to strive for popularity, since that's what you're aiming for. Getting your ego stroked isn't one of the best things to do.

Oh, and also, reply button's your friend. You know, that little button below your icon.
ok, just so i can settle this,
what do i have to do to get my books read and my art commented? i mean a 100% certainty.
just so i know, what if i gave you guys one chapter of my third book? it is best one after all and you guys could see if it was worthy, i guess.
Three words: thumbshare, thumbshare, thumbshare.
Use the reply button ! :aww:

:bucktooth:

There is NO WAY to get 100% certainty. Ever. That's like a lot of things in life. For instance, auditions, selecting a major in University... lots of things. Even people who DO write books don't have a 100% change of being read. Sure, there are some authors who have "made it" - but that's not your beginning novelist.

First, a book is usually a rather long thing, unless it's a children's book. Also, if it includes Disney characters, I'm fairly certain you are violating copyright by using them - I don't think your work qualifies as a legally protected spoof - and you may want to look into the legality of the situation before you call it a "book".

What do you need to do ? You need to be here. Give it more than eight days. You need to BRUSH UP ON YOUR GRAMMAR. If you put more effort into the grammar in your posts, people would be more likely to want to give you a chance - since this is writing that is being advertised.

And, also - you are not "giving" anyone a chapter - it's not like you're holding it hostage and people automatically want to jump through hoops to read it. You could go the the "Thumbshare" forum and see what that's about. You could join a club for writers - I recommend joining one where there's a focus on learning to write.

That is, if you're serious at all about learning about how to write.
OK, THAT'S IT!!!!
first of all, i don't need to know how to write! my grandfather told me " a book is about the story, not how it is written." and he is a wise man.
secondly, I'm going to keep doing the art I do. I am different form other people and that's the way it's gonna stay. HOPEFULLY in the future, my art will become noticed.
thirdly, i comment on new art all the time. i say it's good all the time because it is. and how is this thumbshare gonna help? can't people just look up my profile and see my art?
.......there, all my rage is gone.
now, you guys have a choice, would you rather have me post my art AND my books? or just post my art and explain everything about them so you guys get what's going on?
how is this thumbshare gonna help? can't people just look up my profile and see my art?

not if they don't know who you are or what you do.
Since I'm feeling like a bitch now - after I tried to actually point you in the right direction and not tell you how much you suck like some people chose to do...

OK, THAT'S IT!!!!
I'm glad to see that your caps-lock or shift key works. Maybe you should try using it on the first-person singular pronoun "I" - and other capitalisation as necessitated by the English language.

first of all, i don't need to know how to write!
You you fucking well do. Not many people WANT to read a "book" that sounds like it's written by a five-year-old. Honestly, my brother tries harder at spelling and grammar than you do and he's thirteen and doesn't have any delusions of being "a writer".

my grandfather told me " a book is about the story, not how it is written." and he is a wise man.
F. Scott Fitzgerald is lauded for the poetry of his writing. So is that Shakespeare fellow. Yes, you're fucked if you have a story that no one wants to read - but you're EVEN MORE SO screwed if you have no knowledge of the basic conventions of writing. You know why - people don't want to suffer through crappy sentence structure to read your "brilliant" plot.

I have read descriptive plot-less poems that are interesting for use of poetic conventions. I DO NOT EVER want to read a book with piss-poor grammar just because the "writer" thinks they are too good or some bull-shit to learn the basics of writing.

secondly, I'm going to keep doing the art I do. I am different form other people and that's the way it's gonna stay. HOPEFULLY in the future, my art will become noticed.
You can't just "hope". You get what you ask for in life. You get in what you put in. Right now, you're being a petulant child who - if you want to be a "writer" needs to wake up and smell the pleasantly cliché roses and realise that you DO need to learn grammar. Without it YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL.

NO ONE can be really "different" from others. Just look around. You can relate even the GOOD art here to other art before it. Nothing is purely "original". Get a grip.

thirdly, i comment on new art all the time. i say it's good all the time because it is. and how is this thumbshare gonna help? can't people just look up my profile and see my art?
Giving CRITIQUE is more useful to an artist. Being an artist is not just about putting pencil to paper, but being able to see what is "WRONG" with something. Perhaps it's like a Picasso and it was INTENDED to be a certain way - in this case, you need to consider the artist and their intentions.

WHY would people just look up your profile ? WHO ARE YOU ? You have to make people care. Thumbshare would help because you can share your art there without looking like a whiney no-care-to-develop-talent kid if you play your cards right and at least PRETEND to be humble and give good critiques.

.......there, all my rage is gone.
That wasn't rage - it was a poorly written concentration of poor spelling and grammar of a mind that needs to step outside of itself.

now, you guys have a choice, would you rather have me post my art AND my books? or just post my art and explain everything about them so you guys get what's going on?
Why do we care ? Why should we care ?

If I was EVER interested in helping an aspiring "writer" - you have effectively made me lose all interest in you.

If you don't wise up, don't expect anything from anyone else.
yey~ (wandered over here from reading an ED article >3> )
Words cannot explain how happy this made me.
first of all, i don't need to know how to write! my grandfather told me " a book is about the story, not how it is written."

Your grandfather was either senile, or trying to make his grandchild feel better about writing so badly. That is the WORST advice I have ever heard. EVER. Nobody wants to read something that feels like it was written by a toddler.

And fanfics aren't books, kiddo. :aww: