"Firefox has prevented this website from opening a popup window"

Awesome! Except for one little thing: it hasn't.

You thought you blocked it, almighty Firefox, but despite the highlighted and subtly animated glorious
announcement of your accomplishment, it still popped. Right on my face. I know, dearest Firefox, that you are the best thing that has ever happened to the Internet since Google, and I'm aware of your well-worth reputation. I've even fought at your side in a number of really dumb and pointless text wars between your loyal followers and the fandom of your arch enemy of all times, IE (:shakefist: that bastard!).

BUT

You look fucking ridiculous when you go all "OMG PRAISE ME! I JUST PWND THAT STUPID AD! I'M TEH FIREFOX, BITCH", yet you have actually done nothing but embarrass yourself.

*And before some of you go "that's why Internet Explorer is teh bestest", it happens the exact same thing with it.
Comments129
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Is that still alive?
Must be or I wouldn't be typing this with it. ;) Me wuvs it (7.2, that is...other versions SUCK). :heart:
Ok, seems I gotta try a lot of browsers now :D
Opera's better. It blocks popups, but it gives you the option to open them. It's great for sites that insist on opening in new windows. :D
Custom extensions?
I never made an extensive investigation before, but Opera is indeed the best thing out there. :O
It's pretty good, alright. :D
I can't say i've ever used an Opera plugin, though.
View all replies
I like how my browser just doesn't even tell me, I like to live in my own world where the internet doesn't even have popups :P
And that browser is that?
Does it feature tabs?
I made an extensive research (3 google links, but oh well) Opera seems to be the best.
Yes, I definitely would switch to opera if I wanted something more feature rich... I actually can't stand firefox.

I think Safari is more WC3 compliant than opera, but they are both close to being perfect. And I use Safari because it works hand in hand with OS X to sync all my information to my two computers.
View all replies
They never come up in my face. I get maybe one a week, or so, but they pop up in a new tab behind everything else. Which makes me feel just so special.

Tab Mix Plus. <3
Yeah, in my case is also about once a week
It's like when I go to those websites that use Java to disable right-clicking, it pops up the message to disable it, yet my right-click context menu still pops up :D
Just that in your case it is a good thing :P