Depression sucks :/

Got 2 mantis Wed, still struggling what people said about me. That they feel bad for my pets, that people talked crap about me. That they see me as a bad person, been getting bad tension headaches lately, was hard to even get out of bed this morning.

Just not feeling like a very good person :/.
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Never mind guys...ill be closing this forum. I posted this to need someone to talk to, not have people tell me to get a different pet. >.>. These guys have been the best thing ever to happen to me in a long time.
Ok guys i need to reword this better. Its the people who are some of the mantis keepers that have me upset, i understand they die i enjoy them while i have them. And try to give them the best care, its not about the mantis its about how the people treated me. Sorry for not making it clear.
Start with a pet that's easier to take care of. 
Its actually very easy to take care of.
Ya know... if you were a sadist. You could go to the pet store and purchase a terrarium big enough to house a shit ton of green anoles. They're the cheapest lizards there are. They're so expendable you could literally do anything you want with them. Experiment on them play around with their diet and if they die you can just start over with a new one. That's a thought...  
You sound like a wonderful person to be around. 
Hey don't look at me. The OP's the one with the sick killing fetish! :iconmadnoesplz:
Right, right. 
It was a joke. Don't actually do it. It's a waste of money.
Yes, senselessly torturing animals is bad because it's a waste of money. Thanks for clearing that up guy who isn't sadistically creepy.        
View all replies
It doesn't make you a bad person that your mantises keep dying, but you don't seem to have great luck with them, so maybe you should get a different pet. :hmm:
One died from a mimolt, which wasen't my fault. The other one came to me dead, and this last one was egg bound so really it has nothing to do with me. I didn't realize what egg bound meant and it was old. So it has nothing to do with luck.
I never said it was your fault, but perhaps you'd be better off getting a different pet rather than going through so much emotional pain. It seems like mantises are very fragile creatures, and seeing your pets keep dying for no good reason isn't beneficial to your mental health.
Nah honestly their very good for my health.