So... Many... GENDERS!!!

So yeah. Recently I swallowed my pride and signed up for a profile on one of those dating websites- OkCupid. When I started creating the profile I was met with the prompt to choose the gender I was, the gender I was looking for, and the relationship type I wanted. Under the gender options, I had Male, Female, and "More..." Now, out of morbid curiosity, I clicked on "more..." just to see what bases they covered. And Oh my Giddy Aunt! Allow me to recite the list for you. We have (gigantic inhale) woman, man, agender, androgynous, bigender, Cis man, Cis woman, genderfuild, genergueer, gender nonconforming, hijra, intersex, non-binary, other, pangender, transfeminine, transgender, transmasculine, transsexual, trans man, trans woman, and two spirit.

Right now I'll tell you that my spell checker doesn't recognize half of those words. But what is all of that? What the sweet and salty Christ Crackers is "genderfluid"? Sounds like what ends up on your bed sheets afterwards (know what I mean wink wink nudge nudge). And two souls? That one actually confused me the most. What is it like a special snowflake way of saying split personality disorder?

Now, before you start sharpening your pitchforks, hear me out. You can go right ahead and gender identify as whatever you want as far as I'm concerned. You could say that you gender identify as a grilled cheese sandwich and I'll be all "good on ya, I hope you find a lovely bottle of ketchup someday". Equal rights for the LGBTQHΩI# community and all of that wonderful stuff. But come on guys, seriously! No option for Attack Helicopter? What do we have to do to get some progress made in this country? Well, I suppose that would be covered under "other" after all.

And with all of that said, I shall now assume the position of having my head between my knees and my ass in the air ready for a lynching.

EDIT: Well, I'm going to bed and I'm going to close down this thread so that I don't have to a billion social justice warriors telling me what a horrible person I am by morning. It's been fun everyone, love ya.
Comments244
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Two souls is a Native American term, which is far better explained here:www.rejectedprincesses.com/pri…
Genderfluid is something I'm much more familiar with. It can mean your either cool with any pronoun ( she, he or them) or that your identity can change from male to female day to day. Though I might be misinformed about the second definition, I'll check.
PS there is only one gender identity I did not recognise on this list. XD
"What is all of that?"

That, my friend, is the left's Achilles heel.
They are missing like 40+ more genders! How day the not represent everyone!
You can't just give someone an Other option!

h3h3Productions #triggered (chat/comment emoticon) 
"hijra" well that's a new one

I identify as nonbinary or well, transman cos not everyone knows nonbinary **shrugs** sooyh I understand trying to find a label that sounds right  or smth
I don't mind people having really odd gender titles as long as it's not otherkin related (like "stargender")
Otherkin and trans are two very different things jfc,,
i answered that earlier :la:

it's a third gender that is recognized in India and other parts of South Asia. they are what we would consider to be mtf, but that's just the western perspective of it. Hijra are not mtf people, they are hijra. 
Ah, it is good to talk to someone who doesn't want to string me up by my dick as a warning to anyone else who dares to speak of this subject. Especially someone who falls under the category of nonbinary/transman gender. Some people just need any reason to raise their protest signs, know what I'm saying?
Damn. Thassa lota genders.
FUCK YOU
in all seriousness fuck you and fuck this website, this was the final kick in the pants I needed to quit the piece of trash site.
Well, no one is going to miss you, that's for sure. Why are you even on here if you're so Transphobic? PS F you too. Show some respect for other people's gender identity, you weirdo.
wouldn't wanna be ya! Hi! 

well glad hes gone, how u doin?
I'm good thank you very much!
Who was that guy? Seems like he was not well liked.
I've never seen him before, he randomly just drops a message that he is quitting DA
View all replies
IDK sum random guy
What does it matter? All these words are just that, words. Words are subjective, so If I wanted to say I'm a Walgreens giftcard, then it would be just as important as most of those up there. 
I mean, most people these days are just trans trenders. Most of them don't have body dysmorphia, and just pick something to make themselves special.  
Someone is going to say "CULTURES SAY THIS AND THAT" but still. It's subjective. Language is subjective, doesn't make it right, or definite. There are 2 sexes. Males, and females. Now, if you want to be a smurph, go for it. Not stopping you. You want to be called they them, I'll respect that, but resist the urge to tell you I think it's dumb. 

Whatever YOU want to call yourself, is none of my business, just like if you changed your name to ass banger 9000. 
There are more than two sexes. The term intersex exists and covers a pretty broad range of possible variations in our chromosomes which lead to people being neither completely male nor completely female biologically.

:iconthemoreyouknowplz:
Those are deformities, those things aren't supposed to happen in our species. 

Stop using old memes. They aren't funny.
They're called MEDICAL CONDITIONS, dingbat. And some of them aren't even that. At least do some damn research. Saying they're deformites just makes you sound like an ignorant butt.
Well aren't you precious, bless your heart too sweety......
thanks for referring to my biological body as a "deformity"
Yet, they happen anyway and are recognized as variations of human sex characteristics and chromosomes, not "deformities." The fact that you write off intersex conditions as mere "deformities" instead of using the term they're medically and socially recognized as is appalling. Chosen ignorance is disgusting, and you really should be ashamed of yourself. :lol: