Girls who can't communicate

So often on OKCupid* I've gotten messages by girls who just say "hi" and nothing else. And then when I try to ask them questions, they answer back with single words. Did they lose interest immediately after sending "hi"? If you're not interested, why message me in the first place? Do they not know how to communicate? Are they victims of the mindset society pushes on women that they have to be demure and let men do all the talking? Or are they just boring as hell?

If you're going to message someone, SAY SOMETHING. Don't just go "hi" and then leave the burden of carrying the conversation on the message-ee. That's so awkward!

*Yes yes, I know, Dating sites, "there's your problem," blah blah blah.

Comments72
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
dont trust dating sites man. there are 80% chances that a 'girl' account is run by obese 40 years old man. Just saying
Because they want you to kiss their ass and inflate their ego some more.
Funny thing is, I often experienced it with guys. Not that I didn't get the odd guy who was really into himself, and who probably was looking for those demure women in the first place, but generally it's the 'hi' and then not much of anything else.

Maybe people in general are shy? Insecure, but something in your profile caught their attention just the same? Or yeah, they are just part of the lazy interweb generation :P
The reasons probably vary from person to person, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.
Dude, it's been 4 days, wtf
What do you mean?
I sent you a comment 4 days ago and you're only now replying. :saddummy:
I'm not obligated to reply to every post in a thread.
Take a joke, dude. :lol:
You're the one whining about girls not responding Lol.
Im trying to understand here but, How is what you said even remotely funny?

Also calling somone a whiner when their already obviously frustrated for legitimate reasons is uncalled for. And quite frankly makes you sound like a condencending jirk.

Jokes are funny you mam are not.
I think it's funny that he complains that girls don't respond and then tells me that I'm not entitled to a response. Humor is subjective, you don't have to find it funny. Anyway, this isn't a legitimate issue. Weather somebody replies to you on the internet or not should not effect anything.
try better dating sites for starters, second, who knows are these people's first language yours?  maybe that's the only word they know in said language.  well it's not like with some dating sites you hit them up with a wink and "flirt" sort of thing. probably about the same as "hi"? who knows maybe some girls like to be "drilled" on information?  girls these days are so weird and confusing!
I think all the "woman" your dating are 40 year old men in India. 

And they could be robots because those Indians are so smart. 
Just wait until you can bang a robot. Then you won't have to waste your time with them.
Just your money
:lol:
worth every penny. Nod 
i didnt know people still used okcupid :lol:

maybe don't drag the conversation if they don't want to chit chat? they might not even be real people. 
Jesus that one's gold :lol:
Probably fake accounts.

Also, in this society it seems that holding a decent conversation is not a plus, folks do not know how to approach each other no more.
Twenty dollars say those people who've messaged you weren't actually female