Details

January 10
Link

Statistics

Replies: 241

New Gallery Layout

:iconpsychodemonfox:
PsychoDemonFox Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
Not really a complaint so much as a question. The layout of my gallery/favorites page is suddenly one page going all the way down. When did this happen, and can I change it back to the old format?

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconnvfish:
nvfish Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist General Artist
...Has anybody mentioned this?
Step 1: Select 'Edit Page'.
Step 2: Drag folders to desired locations.
Step 3: Profit.
PsychoDemonFox Featured By Owner 16 hours ago  Hobbyist General Artist
I think so, yeah. Thanks anyway, though.
:iconmissaliciahart:
MissAliciaHart Featured By Owner Edited 1 day ago
What I wouldn't give to go back to DeviantART's old format.

My gallery folders (both in "Favorites" and "Gallery") cannot be moved anymore.

I can't move and arrange any of my art or the art I Favorite as needed because I like to have all of the art placed in a specific order for each of their folders. I doubt DeviantART's staff will take action and actually do something about it. I'm SO disappointed!
:iconlicpon:
LicPon Featured By Owner 3 days ago
:iconqueen-of-lycans:
Queen-of-Lycans Featured By Owner 6 days ago   Traditional Artist
Again, they fix the wrong things with DA. 
:iconatomicf0x:
AtomicF0x Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
This singular, long ass gallery is really annoying. It keeps elongating and refreshing. We can't even read the comments on the bottom of these pages because it just stretches and moves your view away from it. Everything was so organized and neat before. I didn't ask for this and I'd like the option to revert it back. The option to have it should ONLY be allowed if it's TOGGLED on. 
:iconh-swilliams:
H-SWilliams Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2017
:iconstardusttrooper:
StardustTrooper Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2017  Student Digital Artist
Going to collect what some of the other users have suggested: Use the "Edit Page" feature and choose Paging. 

I still have to see this, but haven't experienced anything extreme like other users are saying below. 
PsychoDemonFox Featured By Owner 1 day ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Yes, there is that, though I still say it's needlessly complicated.
:icont--i:
T--I Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't mind the change of the layout, but has anybody else noticed that for some reason not all of the pictures in the folders are displayed? When I click on 'edit page' they are all there, but when I go back to the infinite scroll gallery, a lot are missing :| (Blank Stare) 
:iconknight-of-ishtar:
Knight-of-Ishtar Featured By Owner 5 days ago
I have the same problem, but also in my favorites and anyone else's gallery or favs,it will display around the twenty or so newest images and that's it,kind of makes me want to stop using DA.
:iconshin-rn:
Shin-Rn Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2017  Hobbyist Filmographer
I actually like the new layout, My gallery looks a lot cleaner and if you want to rearrange things, you can, there is an option for it at the top.

What I hate though is that rearranging your pictures, suddenly got a lot more infuriating. 

I cannot for the life of me, rearrange my drawing the way that I want, every time I set a certain order, 
it rearranges it a different way!!!

Makes me not even want to use DA anymore. :(

Programmers DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!!!
:iconkuro--cchi:
kuro--cchi Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2017  Professional Digital Artist
I used to be able to organize my art into my gallery folders, like take things out of folders and move them around as needed, but now this new layout is just fucking everything to hell. I'm not the only one with a complaint here. But why can't I remove a deviation from one of MY gallery folders if it doesn't need to be there?? I don't WANT any of my shit in my featured folder. What if one of my open adopts isn't open anymore?? Bring the old layout back or at the very fucking least make it so we can organize our galleries again.
:iconarpeelapena:
arpeelapena Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
the new format in viewing the galleries is very cumbersome. i hope they put it back to the way it was.
:iconp4nd4-st4r:
P4ND4-ST4R Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
i agree
:iconhomestuckbrony3:
HomestuckBrony3 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2017
Me too. :'(
:iconarpeelapena:
arpeelapena Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
i'm even having trouble in going through my own faves!
:iconthecunningcondor:
TheCunningCondor Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2017  Student Filmographer
My organization is all over the place now...
:iconjesterry:
jesterry Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2017
Seeing what atrocities they've done to discriminate vertical pieces of art as compared to HUGE carpet-like length of horizontal pieces that now literally take up all the gallery space - oh, this is truly disgusting.
Tried manually juggling the order of images in the folders (+100 extra clicks to get to the edit page and into the normal editing mode) - heck, the horizontal images seem to get even HUGER and the verticals are being cut and shrunk. Not to say there's no info like favs and comments to be seen on vertical thumbs.
Oh, and the handy floating line with date & category of uploading is gone too :(
In short,
Happy Friday 13th, everyone :hmm:
:icontheyoshistate:
TheYoshiState Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I say that was rigged.
:iconp4nd4-st4r:
P4ND4-ST4R Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
ha...haha
really? 
:iconnova225:
Nova225 Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2017
Pathetic idea.
:iconavaikaofstarfox:
AvaikaofStarfox Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2017
PFFFFF Biased. Maybe back it up with some reason, then we'll talk. ;) Also if this is a tease or a troll, that is very ill-played and unprofessional of you. XP

Just saying. I mean, I read your dA ID and all, so I am aware that this is for-fun, but the basis of this whole rating thing is very... unclear and might unsettle those who don't check that sort of thing. Might stir up a more heated atmosphere if uncareful enough. I don't know. 

Needless to say, have a nice day, fellow deviant. And sorry to have disturbed in any way. 
:iconavaikaofstarfox:
AvaikaofStarfox Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2017
Hmmmm. Now I wonder if there's no person behind this user at all... Shame on me for beginning a discussion with an un-answering machine, if such is the case! XS;;
:iconhametsukuro:
HametsuKuro Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2017  Professional Digital Artist
I can't arrange my folders anymore? And when I tried, it dropped down the quick fave menu and I accidentally faved my own gallery and now I can't remove it -_-
OMG that's crazy :faint:
Hold on, dear :petting:
The items in my folders all GLUED UP in one huge deviation :omg: And I can't nor move nor remove them :doh:
:iconsakuranights:
SakuraNights Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
Same here - I'm a group founder, and it seems that I can't rearrange gallery folders anymore without the quick fave menu dropping down... I've searched under different "edit page" tabs, but nothing is working.
Apparently same thing going on with personal galleries :nuu: How do we rearrange items anymore, me wonders... :shakefish:
:iconmetoro:
Metoro Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I can't even rearrange arts in each folder manually...This is so annoying. Give us back the old layout!!!! :O :pissedoff:
:iconmetoro:
Metoro Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Edit: I Figure out how to do it. Just use "edit" on the site. The resolution still looks kind of strange in the new gallary however. Or they could at last remove the lining frames. I think they are the reason it looks worse.
You're a lifesaviour :faint: My nerves were about to go on a trainwreck with this unholy mess :rage:
:iconjiminysticket:
JiminySticket Featured By Owner Edited Jan 12, 2017  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm outraged, now we can't even organize them properly, ya can't put anything in Featured and in another folder at the same time. MOTHERFUCKERS!

And if people think this is first world problems, no big deal it's liveable, Old Shit is Oficially unaccessible on bad computers that now have to load everything above it. It'll take dozens of minutes to get to the bottom of my Faves list.

Imagine how this affects Long Time professional users. They're gonna have a hard time showing off their old works to new fans because of this.
:icongazerei:
GazeRei Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Aside from the above mentioned complaints, I just dislike how you can't see what folders your picture is in anymore. Or other people's artworks. For example if I saw a random OC I was interested in, I just clicked on the folder the picture was in and could see more related artworks. Now I have to look through every folder to find whatever I wanna find. Folders kind of seem useless now.. 

Really weird they didn't even send a notification about it, you would expect that much from a "professional" website where million of users are paying for the service. 

Sigh, wouldn't really hate the new layout if they would have kept some of the old stuffs. 
:iconfisukenka:
Fisukenka Featured By Owner Edited Jan 13, 2017   Digital Artist
OHMYGOD REALLY? The function to see in which folder the art was in WAS THE MOST USEFUL. I can't believe it's not there anymore x____x What the fuck DA
And I thought it was annoying that these new thumbnails cut 20-80% off my deviations.
Sdfgrtu6t by Fisukenka  

Also hi Reisy XD Glad to see you here <3
I share your concerns about the folders SO MUCH :petting:
And agreed, it's really 'great' of a gift on Friday 13th morning especially for those of us who pay for DA being usable :sniff:
:icongazerei:
GazeRei Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It was sooo useful, and dA had to take it away :"D
Oh gosh yeah, like damn, at least warn us, and don't surprise us with such bs OTL Really dislike the stuffs dA has been doing this past 2-3 years *sigh*
jesterry Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2017
:petting: This is all so frustrating :doh:
Sometimes I wonder if perhaps they get a certain kick out of such *surprises*... /rhethorical question, but one has to wonder/ :shrug:
:iconjensonator:
Jensonator Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I also want to see the titles and number of comments it had without hovering on the thumbnails because heck, it's a lot easier to find deviations this way
The way vertical images are made inferior to horizontal ones is just abominable :doh:
Jensonator Featured By Owner Edited Jan 13, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
True

i mean, what's the point of cropping them? Isn't that the opposite of what DA has intended to do? To show more art?
jesterry Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2017
Yeah :hmm:
it's like they're screaming at us 'submit your pieces in landscape orientation or else go home we'd crop it nonetheless' :shakefist:
:icontheobald93:
Theobald93 Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2017
Indeed. And the artist's name of course.
Jensonator Featured By Owner Edited Jan 12, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
To be honest, I want the old layout back. It's very inconvenient
:iconjerukmasamanis:
jerukmasamanis Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2017  Hobbyist
Honestly, I hate it. :| (Blank Stare) 
:iconthan217:
Than217 Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2017  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
The Gallery Search doesn't work anymore. It just throws out everything in their entire gallery and puts a 'few' items with the search word in the top spots. But it doesn't put ALL of the items with the keyword at the top, you have to scroll and hunt for the rest. VERY annoying.
Add a Comment: