What the crap did i eat?

I'm a big cheese fan. I love all kinds, and was browsing the cheese section and came across a kind I've never had before. Cheese made from goat milk. I got home and cracked that sucker open and took a bite. Holy hell! I cannot describe that disgusting flavor. It barely got the tongue before it was spit out. Why would folk eat that devil cheese?

Is it supposed to be an acquired taste or am I just wired to reject that crap? :grump:
Comments49
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It's like a really tangy cream cheese that you can mix with jam and stuff.
Different tastes suit different people. You should have asked yourself, "Do I even like goat milk?" before buying it.
Oh well, at least now I know to stay away from goat cheese.
I wanted to try goat cheese but not anymore thx.
I love goat cheese!! I get the two pack every time I go to Costco! :D Very good on rosmary olive oil triscuits.
89 by hateful-minds  <--- he doesn't know either.
Ooooh then you'd hate Cazu Marzu. It's a a rotting cheese made from sheep milk that's purposely infested with maggots who come flying out of there at the face (yes you need eye protection) it's so putrid that even MAGGOTS can't stand it. And if some don't you usually get bloody diarrhea since they tunnel through the liver.

So I hear.
I looked it up just to see how that looks like and

Oh god :stare:
Goat cheese is pretty common in Spain.

US folks tend to have different taste
How widely popular is beef and cow milk/cheese in Spain? I know the US has a ton of cows, which is probably why it's more popular than other sources of dairy.
Pretty popular,but I understand US folks may not like it. I grew up with it.

Goat meat too :la:
I'd like to try goat meat!
It is particular taste, strong, you either love it or hate it,lol
Goat milk is more popular than cows milk believe it or not. I would assume the same applies to cheese.

It's not something you really see in the states though. I've never once seen goat milk and on the rare occasions
that I do see goat cheese they always come in tiny one oz packages and cost like 8 bucks a pop.

That being said I'd have to go with it being an acquired taste. I tried it before and I'll admit I didn't like that
first bite but I kept going back to it for the after taste.
Probably because we have a ton of cows in the states. I don't think I've ever seen goat milk in the grocery stores. Sort of want to try it...maybe it will taste better to me than that cheese :lol:
That is true haha. You'd think that least somewhere maybe
in Amish country they would have it.
That goat cheese has a pretty distinct taste so I always imagined
that the milk would probably taste the same.
i've eaten a few that didn't have too strong of a taste, but i tried the milk one which was awFUL so i can imagine if the cheese was stronger then it'd be disgusting.
I like goats cheese. I got a taste for it a few years ago when I was in Greece. =P
I assume there are different kinds or ways to process goat cheese (like with cow cheese). Maybe I just tried the wrong kind? :shrug:
The goats cheese I usually eat is really soft and comes breaded. So you fry that shit up and serve with Thai Sweet Chilli. :drool:
Pretty sure anything fried and served with Thai sweet chilli sauce is amazing :lol:
That was the reaction I had to Limburger cheese.  It was so nasty it wasn't even funny.
I've had limburger cheese once, and I also didn't care for it. Maybe I should just stick with what I like :grump:
You can just give all your goat cheese to me, that shit's tasty.