Rogue One: Hollywood Needs to Stop Whitewashing and Postive-Racism in Favor of Muslims

I decided to repost this with some citations and background information - I'm of Indian descent and I have brown skin.

I really dislike Hollywood's whitewashing and affirmative action of Muslims. I don't think a poor actor like him would have been cast into a major production like Star Wars if it weren't for his background/race. While I can understand that Blacks are more likely to go into media, Pakistanis tend to be worse than even Indians at arts.

I don't want something like the anti-Islamophobia political agenda getting interwoven into fiction like Star Wars; I'd overlook it for sheer laziness if these productions weren't some of my favorites.

There are a lot of socioeconomic problems in relation to Muslims, a lot of which I've been personally affected by, which gets overlooked and whitewashed by the left-leaning media. These involve things like crime, ghettos, racial segregation, political pandering, racism, homophobia, misogyny, corruption, illegal immigration, etc...

The Muslims being cast are primarily from the Middle East, and the lack of South Indians in western culture creates are situation reminiscent of Bollywood's racism; I don't usually care about the lack of Indians in Hollywood, and instead I disagree with 'affirmative action' in general.

The racial status of Pakistanis is actually controversial. The concept of "South Asian" is a imperial British construct and often includes countries as foriegn as Iran and Myanmar. Pakistanis are anthropologically Middle Eastern and their native cultural similarities tend to end with Muslims in the extreme north-west of India.

www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/art…

www.economist.com/node/8675234

www.econjobrumors.com/topic/th…

defenceforumindia.com/forum/th…

mic.com/articles/67559/hollywo…
Comments112
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Why does this thread still live? Knocked by 'Accident' 
The shits my dog has to give....
Charlie the Snowy by KittyNocturna Charlie the Snowy by KittyNocturna
None.
Thats dissapointment i see in his eyes
He is not amused.
I'm a minority and rarely see "my kind" in movies, but I watch movies regardless.  hollywood will be hollywood, besides star wars is now Disney, I'll leave it with that statement.  if you don't like that "your kind" isn't in a movie, then quietly boycott it, don't go see it in theaters, don't watch it and don't buy it.  I watch foreign films myself, there you're probably going to see "your kind".  and just recently hollywood did a movie called other side of the door based on an Indian legend.  so yeah, they are placing all kinds in movies, it's just whites are easier to find in America than the minority groups.
Just tell me who's alt you are.
Positive-racism? What Buzzword have a missed this time? 
I saw the movie, there was like...only one Arab-looking guy.
I remember last year people were saying The Force Awakens is the most racially diverse movie in Star Wars.

I'm like "...But 90% of the cast are human." 
At least Thrawn is canon again.
Squeeeeeeeee :happybounce:
Duh. He was one of the most famous characters. Can't blame disney for that. 
I wouldn't say he was especially famous. Not many read the books compared to those who only watched the movies.
Or heard of some TV show. 
Pakistanis are racially Middle Eastern.
...you made 2 threads about the same exact topic just 3 days apart!?
:lmao: This thread's still alive?
Eh... when somebody's casting, they have a right to cast WHO THEY WANT. (Even if the choices are dumb ones... like "They're mah fwiend!" )
You still haven't told me who's alt you are :B
What gets me is, that all those that consider themselves science-fiction fans still ramble on about 'racism'. I would think that anyone who calls themselves a sci-fi fan, especially Star Trek, should have the intelligence to realize that on this world, as it is, there is no racism. It's not possible. We are one race, biologically, genetically, one species. You can be racist against animals if you wish, but there's no point.

What's really happening is an inexplicable intolerance against other cultures and beliefs that have no direct impact on anyone's life, other than what is perceived, or used for or against pursuing one's interests, especially political ones in that case, to further territory and power. That in itself is pathetic considering how insignificant we are and this planet is in the grand scheme of things.

Racism, much like religion is a man made bullshit story and all about control. Nothing else. And to use it to not only taint science-fiction, but to also re-ignite the old, so worn out Star Trek vs. Star Wars discussion, is just utterly pointless. I wish people would just get a real problem, use the internet to educate themselves, and not as a platform to spout their own self-important ramblings; and yes, I'm doing the latter right now, and therefore I'm out.
We are different races. Otherwise racism between Middle Easterners and South Asians wouldn't exist.