No Japan is not a animu wonderland

Fucking Weebs I swear..

"I'm going to be an anime artist! I'm gonna write a super popular manga!"

Yes enjoy making 10k (or less) a year, eating shitty ramen and having no social life what so ever and worked to the bone.

I met this 28 year old and she showed me her doujin and it was colored in crayon and drawn like a 13 year olds art.

I told her how Japan was extremely xenophobic and how she would need to learn anatomy and the likes but she started to get upset and told me I was wrong. She likes called being a otaku (which is bad in Japan) and calls everyone sama

"IM GUNNA DRAW MUH MANGA MUH ART IS FINE WAPANESE FOREVER KAWAIIII UGU DESU

Teel deer: I tried to give someone a link to Loomis tutorials and they went all weebshit on me
Comments442
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well if you got advice from you, would you take it? Considering the thing that stuck out to me was a cat to the emperor, and that's because I know where that is coming from.
If I`m being pretty honest, Loomis is a very good source to refer to.

You did what you had to do
I wanna see her doujin.
It's really bad
I don't thank god for being able to read Spanish...

Dat anatomy.
What was that show anyway?
View all replies
I've always wondered why more people who want to become manga artists just make their own webcomic or try to get it published through a comic publisher in their country. Being comic artist regardless of country won't net you big cash unless you're super popular, but I think it does have more leeway than most manga in Japan, which require artists to draw a certain number pages at a restricted deadline to publish on a magazine. Most comics in the west is published by volume so it's not as life consuming, and the deadline for webcomics last as long as you're audience's attention span. There's no need to travel to Japan.
I agree with you, but at the same time I tell to myself that they're just young kids/teenagers, they'll grow up and realise how dumb they were and that japan really isnt "Animu paradise", I learned to like japan for it's culture and some of the beautiful places it offers as I grew older (I used to be a complete weeb during my kid and teen years, not something I'm proud of.)

So just give them the time to grow up, of course if they go ape shit on you for telling how it actually, don't bother with them, like I said they'll mature and realise that you and the many others who told them were right.

Now in your case, well, shove the truth in her face until she realises, or give up lol
You are correct about the whole Japan isn't an animu wonderland and shit, but please please please don't fucking address an entire goddamn country as [insert horrible characteristic] because it's fucking disgusting.

When i went there, people were nice to me. I can guarantee that not all Japanese people are fucking xenophobic.
"I told her how Japan was extremely xenophobic"

nice stereotyping you got there buddy : )))))))))))
But it is! That is well known. 
I have been to Japan and i can confirm that not all the people there are xenophobic, plus i saw many Americans as well.
They seem to enjoy living there from what it looks like : )

How would you feel if someone calls your country [insert bad characteristics]? 
But you do realise stereotypes do have some truth to them? It's how opinions are made. It has been well documented that they are a matter of fact, racist and xenophobic. Of course not all feel this way, but documents and accounts like this colour people's views:

thediplomat.com/2015/07/japans…
www.quora.com/Do-white-people-…

And to answer you're question, I don't care how people stereotype Scotland (where I live), people are welcome to their views and some of them are probably true, it just doesn't matter to me tbh as we are all going to have our opinions about one thing or another. 
Yes most stereotypes have truths on them, but that doesn't mean that the entire race is xenophobic smh.

I've been to Japan and i can confirm that the majority of Japanese people are really nice and polite.

You shouldn't judge a certain country if you haven't been there/study the society.
saying a certain country is a [insert bad characteristics] is just stereotyping honey ; ) 
Gues so, but you just seem kind of Bitchy about this 
Tell me, do you like it when someone insults/stereotyped your country? Also i am not only defending Japan from your stereotypes.
But other countries as well, all countries have flaws but you should NEVER stereotype them.
there is nothing bitchy about defending a certain country who has been stereotyped. I have been there and i can confirm that not all Japanese people are xenophobic asshats.