Closed to new replies
May 10, 2016
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

Dear Facebook Video

:icongrayda:
Grayda Featured By Owner May 10, 2016  Professional Photographer
Why can't you be like other video players?

I go to YouTube and watch some videos, and they remember what volume I set the previous video to, because they make that volume the default on the next video I watch.

Then I go to Vimeo and watch a video. I set the volume, go to the next video (or even a Vimeo video embedded on a website) and hey presto, there's my volume setting.

Then I head over to dailymotion for some reason, and oh, what's this? My volume settings are remembered too. How 'bout that?

Now I head back to your site and visit a page I've liked. I check out the latest video submissions and notice something..

Every single time, you set my volume back to 100%. Every time. The range of videos go from quiet traffic, to roaring wind and a truck hurtling down the freeway doing 100km/h, and I have to constantly lean over and readjust the volume on my speakers, not knowing if the next video is going to melt my face clean off or not.

You've been around longer than YouTube, and yet you still can't get video right. I don't know when you first started showing videos, but I think longer than 5 years, so you think you'd know better, yeah?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconamalaazula:
AmalaAzula Featured By Owner May 12, 2016   Digital Artist
I don't go on FB so I don't have this problem. :dummy:
:iconzetikla:
Zetikla Featured By Owner May 12, 2016
good thing I dont give much shit about facebook at first place so I dont have such dilemmas ;)
:iconcamoxivi:
Camoxivi Featured By Owner May 11, 2016  Student Digital Artist
Facebook wants to be special. 
:icondrifterjellybean:
DrifterJellybean Featured By Owner May 10, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
...Or, you could actually show some common sense and lower the volume on your system before loading the video in the first place

I fail to see why video sharing sites have to implement a volume function when a volume switch already exists within arm's reach
Grayda Featured By Owner May 11, 2016  Professional Photographer
Due to the layout of my desk, it's not actually within reach -- not without getting up and leaning over my desk anyway. And sure I could turn the volume down, but I'd need to turn it back up anyway because the volume level between videos can, as mentioned above, change from quiet traffic to a howling wind as a car does 100km/h down the highway with windows rolled down.
:icondrifterjellybean:
DrifterJellybean Featured By Owner May 11, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
...So you can't just leave it at 100% and use the volume control on your machine, or just rearrange your desk so the speaker with the volume switch is within arm's reach?
:iconimperialnokhtis:
ImperialNokhtis Featured By Owner May 10, 2016   Traditional Artist
"dear facebook video" 
stop watching facebook videos
 delete your facebook
Grayda Featured By Owner May 11, 2016  Professional Photographer
I have one for the unavoidable social scenarios, such as friends overseas and stuff, as well as for my business pages. Otherwise, I wouldn't have one. 

But I figure, if I have one, I might as well watch dashcam footage of cars crashing and stuff.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner May 10, 2016
I like how Windows has a volume mixer. I can turn Firefox down to 1 and I am protected from any unexpected sources of sound, which inexplicably are always played at 100% loudness for no legitimate reason. Real genius design at play there.

Too bad the only way to do that on a Mac is to buy a third-party app.
:iconthatkidwiththerabbit:
ThatKidWithTheRabbit Featured By Owner May 11, 2016  Hobbyist Writer
I have to keep resetting my laptop because freaking Windows keeps replacing the icon with a 'GET WINDOWS 10 NAO' button. Sure, the thing boots back up really quick, but it's annoying.
Add a Comment: