Retail workers

Listen up, retail workers, because I'm about to tell you how to do your jobs, since some of you clearly slept through orientation.

When you put groceries on the shelf, the new stuff goes behind the stuff that's already on there. It does not go in front of it or beside it. While you're at it, check the expiration dates on the items.

If a product's spot on the shelf is already full, don't try to add more. Don't put it on places reserved for other products. What you should do is take what you can't put on the shelf into the back room and place it with the overstock items. Don't know where that is? Ask your supervisor or a coworker. Above all, you should never, ever leave it on the floor in the aisle!

If you don't know where something goes, ask a coworker or a supervisor or let someone else do it. Do not try to guess and place it where you think it might go, and, again, do not leave it on the floor of the aisle.

If the words on a box say "do not cut", then DON'T CUT THE BOX! That warning is addressed specifically to you. It doesn't matter how careful you try to be-- if you cut the box, you'll cut the product inside, and then the product will have to be thrown out. Congratulations, you just cost the store money with your carelessness. In some places, that could been taken out of your paycheck.

I am often unable to do my job because I'm too busy doing someone else's. Most workers aren't like this, but there's always at least one.
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:iconyoda-plz:Much to learn you still have.
You telling retail workers how to do their jobs?
'Most workers aren't like this, but there's always at least one'

This is every circumstance ever. 
I'm sure most retail workers acknowledge these basic procedures...they just don't give a shit!
Well, I do. I can't be the only one who does...
:iconforeveraloneplz:
Is there anyone you could speak to about said peoples behaviour? :O 
Yep. Tried that. Didn't work. On the bright side, the truly lazy workers are gone. I don't know whether they were fired or if they quit out of frustration at the new management expecting them to actually do their jobs, but either way, they're gone. Unfortunately, this also means that the store is usually short-handed; what little work those lazy folks did do is greatly missed. Due to recent renovations (and hopefully more coming up), the place apparently can't afford to hire new workers to replace them.
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work. Ah, it's good they've left though.
Well =) putting in the extra work might just get you promoted.
Management usually admire this ability in their workers and reward it.
Hopefully the renovations are sorted soon and they'll re-hire. 
Perhaps in the mean time, suggesting a new duties roster might help?
We usually revise this monthly at work so that things are kept fair. =) 
As much as I enjoy my job, I hold no illusions that it is anything but a dead-end job. I cannot put in the effort needed to be impressive because I'm only capable of working 3-5 hours a day due to ADHD.
When you leave =) make sure to use them as reference.
That's completely understandable though,
I myself started out working 5.5 hours where I am now
(for different reasons though.)
Hopefully things get better, keep doing the best you can, and good luck!! ^^  
Aaand this is why I work at a tiny adult store.
Wait is it a tiny story or a store for tiny adults?
:lol: A tiny store
Less interesting. 

Is it a kiosk? Or just not a very large building.
It's just a small building, but we do have quite a bit of dildos.
Size doesn't matter