Children and multiplayer

Alternate title: Children and people with the maturity level of children on multiplayer.

To start this out, I only play non co-op MP like once or twice a year. Co-op like thrice or four times (whatever you call that). I'm just not a big fan of playing with other people outside of the same room.

Yesterday I started playing Tomb Raider again, because I hadn't played it since April. I figured it was time to try again, because I had nothing else to do. Dude was maxed, had DLC weapons, and spawn camped after everyone died quick enough to not let the other team spawn on player. He had 17/0 K/D (at least 5 "stolen" from me), gloated about it, and sent me a message that said I should stick with him because he couldn't lose. Next match, separate teams, he tried the same thing and I was about 1/2 and 1/2 against him. It still pissed me off that he was such a bad sport though, especially since he was cheating by normal standards.

Day two, dude gets 10/2 or something, was top in the group by a kill or two, waited for the match to end, and shit-talked the whole other team because we had a better group all around. Then he started some singing/talking about how he wanted to get some pussy. Like, bro, you're not gonna get laid online.

Just now, Splinter Cell Blacklist, someone that couldn't be over 12 was bitching that I was even K/D and the other two dudes were lower. My first time playing it, kept hitting the buttons for Tomb Raider, and was having a hard time figuring everything out. No excuses, my K/D never goes over 3/1 total anyway because I never back out of uneven matches. Kid shouldn't even be playing online mid-day on a Saturday. Tell him to go outside, and it's just a game, and apparently I'm the bad guy.

Then there's the fucks that have their mics and/or TV turned way up and it comes through their side distorted. This isn't your first rodeo, turn the shit down already.

Fin
Comments29
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
so wat play somehting else then its not the end of the world why care for somoene elses feelings anyway
>play somehting else then
I only play 5 games online. Gears 3 and Judgement are only good rarely and Duke Nukem Forever has had dead servers most of the time for years.

>why care for somoene elses feelings anyway
I don't. I just don't want to give Microsoft a reason to ban my account and make me lose 6 years of work getting cheevos.
i don't see how he's cheating unless he's exploiting or hacking

people's mics are subject to sturgon's law, frustratingly
Tomb Raider only has one spawn point for each team per map. If you're aiming the bow at that spot, loosing it as soon as the other dude pops in, and getting a one-shot, it's cheating. Spawn camping is the biggest faggotry, no matter the game.
This is why I just act like a total dick to kids and make them rage quit with my cleaver banter and bullying.
I would if I knew my account wouldn't get banned. Microsoft already made me change my name because of sexual wording, and my rating is kind of low from dumb fucks on poker that got pussy with me for actually playing like it was real money. I'd hate to lost 116k gamerscore over kids.
I have no idea what you're talking about.  I just sit at home with my Super Nintendo and play Live A Live. 
You should be playing Secret of Mana. :no:
I would but I don't have a copy.  I do have Zombies Ate My Neighbors, though. 
Zombies Ate My Neighbors is like all you need to know about my childhood. My stepbrother and I played the Mega Drive port all the time, but I can't get back into it now that I'm solo on it.

I heard then SNES has another weapon or two, but the screen isn't as good.
It has better music, too.  I don't think the soundtrack really suited the Genesis sound chip. 
Sneers* multiplayer...
5 years with online, 8 friends, before yesterday my last met players were about 200 days old. MP is shitty, unless you really have nothing to do.
I remember having the first four tomb raiders on PC a very long time ago. It sounds like they are quite different now.
They're more fast-paced, more cinematic, and the climbing and stuff has better control. I liked Tomb Raider 1, Legend, and Underworld, and what Little I played of 2 (I think), but I thought 2013 was better than the rest. Like the only thing Square side better than Eidos.
All I remember is that we used to lock the butler in the freezer for fun. I was never any good at them, and the controls were weird.
how come it bothers you so much?
Because apparently vidya is the most important thing ever. You have to win, and have the best stats on your team, because it's not just a game.

The mic thing,, because it takes my time to mute them, and it hurts my ear if I had to have my mic sound turned up to hear someone.
maybe it's just me, but the ravings of 13 year olds and manchildren never seem to faze me.
Maybe I'm just not used to it, because I very rarely hear it.
Whatever floats their boat, because in the end, it's just a game.

Except for Second Life...I've heard horror stories :stare:
Do you have an account on that?
I've avoided MMO's at all costs for years (besides the fact I built my first gaming pc in 2014).  The only MMO that I played was Star Wars: The Old Republic...but technically I only played the Story.
Had to look up that definition.
But it's not really a game .
It's a social network.
Unless you were going for irony.
Then they are all games.
Nod