Secret Santa scam!

It's fun for everyone to organise Secret Santa events, both on dA and elsewhere.

But there is a Secret Santa scam going around on Facebook. It's called "Secret Sister". Plenty of Facebook and Instagram users have seen posts inviting them to send in $10, promising they would receive up to 36 gifts in return.

And what do you get...? Almost nothing!

That type of hoax is a form of illegal gambling. Furthermore, to add insult to injury, this type of hoax would also account your personan information to fall into the wrong hangs of strangers who may NOT keep it a secret. :no:

This type of hoax is considered mail fraud as participating in such a event could compromise your account!

The moral of the story...don't pay or yule be sorry! :rudolph:

External links:

1. www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/secr…
2. www.snopes.com/secret-sisters-…

Thoughts anyone?
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
36? That's great value for money! :iconjokerplz:

Meh, Facebook! I hate that site. I do have a Facebook account, but it's empty and not in use. I don't know why I ever bothered making an account there, especially considering I'm an unsocial fop!

I remember I used to play that Pet Society game on FB, but that was closed down due to some copyright stuff or something.

Anyway, yeah, you can try and help spread the word, but there's always people that will know better and send them their money anyway! :no:
What the perpetrator is more of a scam!

That's one of the reasons I don't use Facebook.
Send $10 and get 36 gifts? What, keychains? What sort of idiot would fall for that, anyway?
That doesn't sound right. Whoever wrote this type of scam will be arrested if caught! :no:
They'll probably send people 36 rubles in return. :lol:
At this rate. the price of rubles are sooner or later going to become worthless. :lol: