"Cellphone" By Drake

Cause ever since I left the city, you
Started wearing less and goin' out more

Going to places you don't belong

Why you never alone
Used to always stay at home, be a good girl

So what I'm getting from this song is the guy becomes suspicious of his girlfriend going out more and automatically assumes she's cheating because she doesn't want to be stuck at home all day while he's off enjoying himself.

Granted, she could probably call him more often but besides that, why should a grown woman be told she shouldn't go to places she "don't belong?" he doesn't even mention her seeing other men, just "girls I never seen before" - so? Is she not allowed to go and make new friends?

I absolutely hate that this song is popular at the moment; people listening to it seem oblivious to the possessive overtones and it pisses me off.
Comments31
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
SNL is the only reason I know that song. 
it's hotline bling not cellphone huehuehueheuheueheuheueh

But I kinda agree that it's dumb... you left her, and you expect her not to get on with her life? tf?
Mainstream filth :icontheresyourproblemplz:
You should listen to Eminem instead. His songs are all about respecting women
Drake never should've took up music. He's the Taylor Swift of rap. He's always singing about a girl.
I agree with the Taylor Swift part.
Drake is always hurt.
That's because she used to call him on his cellphone, late night when she needed his love.
That was great way of play on words.
View all replies
The only redeeming thing about Hotline Bling is the video. The memes that the video has spawned are glorious.
So, pop music is still shitty.

I come to this forum for NEWS, not shit I've known since middle school.
I LIKED DRAKE BETTER ON THE WHEELCHAIR
:iconuuwahplz: Waaah, a song hurt my feelings.
Welcome to the Complaints Forum, we whine about trivial shit.
To be honest, there are worse songs with worse messages out there.  Most of the stuff that's popular nowadays is absolute trash in my eyes.
Wait, am I reading this right? "Ever since I left the city"--he's not even with her right now and he's whining about this? 

I mean, Kid got it right. This song is just the same problem as Twilight and 50 Shades. But I just saw that. 
From that line I assumed they were still together, but he needed to go touring or whatever and wasn't away on a permanent basis. Still, it's unfair to expect your partner to just stay at home all day and not go out.
It is. It's funny how much a brat some folks turn out being. (At least in song! I don't know Drake at all.)
Well, people also seemed to like Twilight and 50 Shades. Apparently, creepy and/or fucked up relationships is the way to go.
I don't know how to dance, and I would certainly not embarrass myself in a music video, showing off my shitty dance moves. Then be made fun of by Vine compilations. :lol:

This generation of music is complete garbage. Just like Drake and all of those other feqs.
A mixed girl who doesn't like Drake?

OmmmmmmMy gahd...STOP THE FUCKING LYYYYING!
Just because I'm mixed doesn't mean I have to Drake. Where is the logic in that.

:iconyualwayslyingplz: