Aw shit.

It's 4 am and everyone is sleeping but i wanted some water since the bottle i keep with me at late hours was dry.

Since my mother's room is next to the kitchen, i can't turn on any lights so i don't wake her up, so i'm walking in the dark and everything seems to be fine, i enter the kitchen, fill up my bottle, and walk out.

I was halfway to my room when one of my cats chose that time to try and rub itself against my leg. Since it was dark, i didn't see it walking in front of me (cat's are super silent). I stepped on it's paw, it shrieked in protest, it startled me, i tried to jump over it, but since it was dark i didn't notice i was close to the wooden chairs of the dinner table, and i hit one of the chairs really hard with my right toe. I was barefoot.

It hurt tremendously. My mother woke up due to the cat's yell and the sound of the chair being kicked. My toe is bleeding profusely and the nail is black in the middle. I'm in great pain.
Comments32
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well ... that went well.
DoctorEBAY come help this poor man. 
Get you some night vision goggles!
solution: place night-lights at various key places in your household. vuwalla, significantly reduced chance of stubbed toes and smooshed kitty feet!
They would wake my mother up.
Does she not have a door? If her door is closed, why would it be any trouble turning the light on?
She has some irrational fears. Fears of having the door closed, fear of sounds, fear of light below the door, etc.
HATE WHEN THAT SHIT HAPPENS. YOU TRY TO BE ALL QUIET AND END UP MAKING A SHITLOAD OF NOISE. :stare:
Yeah, i got bitched at and i fucked up my toe. Shitty night.
AMPUTATE! AMPUTAAAATE!
Ouch. Sounds painful :(  It sucks when trying to be quiet when everyone is sleeping. I always just happen to use the microwave ;p 36.media.tumblr.com/a5f2b35f52…
I don't need to use the microwave after hours because i take care of getting my supplies like food and stuff before everyone goes to sleep. Then i consume it at my leisure.
Poor kitty. D:

And poor you I suppose. Go to the doctor for that shit and try and use your phone backlight just for a little light in future. :p
My mother is a super light sleeper, if she perceives a glimmer of light she'll get scared and yell "WHOS THERE" and stuff.
My mum is like that with sound, but the blind part takes away that chance of her seeing light. :B
Must be horrible being blind.
She was born a breach birth and at home. The membranes burst at the back of her eyes. She is stone cold blind and managed to raise three of us on her own in another country without any help. A fierce woman not to be reckoned with. :lol:
There's an app that turns that into a powerful flashlight for free.