Tattoo Preserved?

savemyink.com/news/1052

There is a company in America where they collect your tattoos after you die. People are signing tattoo wills and what happens is when you die, a tattoo removal kit is sent to the funeral home from the company. They carefully remove your tattoo from your skin and send it to the company. That company then preserves it, frames it and sends it to the family. (The piece of skin with the tattoo.) Would you do it? I think it's absolutely creepy and gross. To each their own, I suppose.
Comments250
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
There is something definitely creepy about having your NO RAGRETS piece of skin being hunt up framed in the living room
Most definitely. Very creepy.
It's not really more or less gross than burying our loved ones so they become worm food... :shrug: Personally I WOULD NOT want to do it, but to each their own. 
Not a lot of alternatives.
There are plenty of alternatives for the creative mind :iconlabananadanceplz:
People to their own I suppose.

I also saw a video about it I can't remember what it was strangest collections I think it was. someone collecting tattoo's. yeah odd thing I know.

Probably wouldn't do it myself though.
Eww. It gives me the creeps. So odd.
Yeah I know it's rather odd. wonder if I can find that video I watched.

lately I've been watching Why would you put that on the internet. I don't know why.
It is very odd indeed. It is also extremely morbid.

By Rob Dyke?
Yeah I know. really strange stuff.

Yes by rob dyke. I'm on episode 89 right now.
Reminds me of what Ed Gein did.

I love Rob Dyke. I have not seen the series you are watching. I like Seriously Strange, Twisted Tens and Serial Killer Files. Are they good?
I don't know who that guy is.

I've seen Seriously strange and some twisted tens.

and yes..  here's the first episode if you're interested www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMKyjT…
-
View all replies
Pretty cool if you ask me. They get to preserve a piece of artwork and a part of someone's life that would normally be lost forever as they degrade or burn away.
That is how nature intended it. Nothing is meant to last forever.
Ick. I can be a very squeamish person sometimes and I don't think I even want any anyone's ashes in my house. At least the tattoo isn't as bad as Icelandic necropants en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ná…
What. The. Serious. Fuck?!
eeewww that's disgusting. People have the weirdest skillsets man. 
Ew.  Nawh, there are pictures of my tatts up.  That's good enough.
There's this one company that will turn your loved one's cremation ashes into a gem you can wear. Everyone wants a way to remember their beloved after they die, some people just pick more unusual methods. :nod:
My great grama did something like that with her daughter when she died the other year. 
It's a tear drop necklace and she said it "contained" Nanni (what we all called her). She 
was very happy to have the necklace when it was made.