Leggings are not pants

As the title says leggings are not pants. Tights are also not pants. You know what you should wear with anything that isn't pants? Underwear. You know what only like 5% of girls on my campus wear under leggings and pants? UNDERWEAR. I don't want to see your damn vag. Like what the actual fuck just why. I've seen more than I've ever wanted to see from half the damn female student population. I mean leggings and tights are bad enough but these guys make leggings only people look like champs. Just why do these people think this is a good idea?! Its incredibly unsanitary and just so so wrong. Like even a thong is better than absolutely nothing.
Comments239
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Oh god yes I agree. Leggings are the plague that has infected my university. This shit is everywhere. The black ones aren't bad if they are worn with something longer, but for some reason the most god awful designs are in style and they never wear something longer with it. :iconcyforeverplz: I've never noticed about the no underwear thing but that is super gross. Of course, you can never say anything because they are all like "DON'T OPPRESS MEEEEE!! We look terrible for ourselves!"I never got the idea of leggings being comfortable though; I tried one on before and it was not a pleasant experience.

Leggings are definitely a skirt add-on, not by themselves. This shit is making me wish the jeans so tight that it's cutting off guys testicles blood circulation fad or even the fucking pyjama pants fad was back.
Oh god, finally someone who get's it! :XD: ...all the underwear that you can see through it, all the camel toes....not cool! :stare:
People need to understand that legging need a skirt/dress or shorts to go over it! :XD:

....Wait whut? People don't wear underwear under their leggings? :stare: What is this, that's just gross!? :fear:
I'm so confused. American pants or other english speaking country pants?
I own three pairs of leggings, but I always wear shorts with them. No see-through panty shots for me! :dummy:
So like I cant were legging and a skirt covering the top?
... I thought underwear was a given. That is, unless you're a dancer.
I don't understand leggings in general.  I mean... it is really comfortable and stretchy but... when you bend over

I would just be too scared to moon everyone.  
Leggings are for skirts. That's what I think personally.
Underpants are vital :nod:
They can function as pants as long as they are not see through! Divaplz 

Should definitely wear underwear though..
It's gross if you're going commando and wearing leggings. :icongrossplz:
Why would that be a thing? I dunno.
Girls be like "LOOK AT MY ANUS"

I kid you not, one girl told me that she got so tired of people telling her that they can see her underwear through her leggings that she decided going commando was a reasonable solution.
That's not reasonable, that's disgusting! If she didn't want people noticing her underwear (maybe she was wearing thick granny panties), she could have worn a thong? That would've been reasonable instead of not wearing underwear at all...
They're pants in the same way that sweat pants are pants. In that, they're fine to wear around the house or during a workout, but if you go out in public like that (without a shirt, skirt, shorts, or dress to cover your bum) then you look like trailer trash.
Yeah I feel like they really aren't appropriate daywear.
They're fine unless the leggings are see through, nobody wants you to stand up wearing them, especially after gym. Sweating a little... 
leggings go on ur legs. u kno what else goes on ur legs? pants.
leggings are pants and so are tights. that's the kind of clothing they are. you might not deem them acceptable pants, but realistically they do fall under the category of pants. 

deal with it.
Socks go on your feet. You know what else goes on your feet? Shoes.

Socks =/= shoes
Leggings =/= pants.
You know what else goes on your legs? Sheer pantyhose. :lol:
those are also technically classified as pants :> 

i'm guilty of wearing space-print leggings and opaque black ones, because I cant wear jeans for the life of me (they're so uncomfortable god help me), but I wear sweaters a lot (and underwear, unlike the apparent students at OP's school) so it's not like you can just straight-up see my ass or whatever.
I guess it depends on how you want to define pants. I'm in the the camp that says "pants" have to be modest enough to be worn on their own. Otherwise it's just hosery.