Douchebags are douchebags.

My pre-op appointment resulted in me seeing a douchebag general surgeon. Here's the thing. He asked how I was. (My jaw joint was absolutely killing me. It hurt to do anything. I couldn't even turn my head without it hurting. Talking was brutal.) I told him: "My jaw is hurting really badly so I am not going to talk that much if I can help it."
His response: "Oh, you're not going to cry on me, are you?"

I asked about if the wound can be glued because it apparently minimises chances of a scar. He snapped: "You don't get a choice".

I asked him if I would be fine to have my face painted for Halloween as I was having the moles removed. His response: "Of course. We have to have you looking pretty".

Err...what? Just what? The pretty response has me stumped.
Comments106
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I get that treatment with the NHS, but that's because it's free. If you have to pay for that kind of treatment, you sure as hell are entitled to report that bitch.
Sadly, same bost as you.
some doctors like to think they're House and that if they're assholes, it's charming.. instead they just give the impression they don't care if their patients live or die No, I disagree! 
Yeah. Those people should not be doctors.
:facepalm:  Gah, get out of that clinic -- don't come back there no more

Apparently, that one doesn't care about the patient, just the money they bring
It is not an option.

Hospitals are a business.
You should look around Tumblr; just did a quick peek, and there seems to be someone who capped a lot of med bills -- that should rustle your jimmies even more ( I think it's here: theinturnetexplorer.tumblr.com… )
Some doctors ( a very small number of them ) just relish on some people's misery  :plotting:
Couldn't you report him?
View all replies
Sounds like he's got the bedside manner of a literal bedside.
Sounds like you might need to get a new doctor. 
Or he was just having a bad day and being rather rude to everyone- we may never know. But a second opinion never hurt anyone though.
I am lucky that he did not do my surgery. Very, very lucky.
:lol:  That doctor is my hero.