Makeup

Time for me to rant about makeup.

Oh Lordy I can never find a eyeshadow good that's not too showy!

How do I apply eyeliner like dem pretty Instagram girls? I always screwing it up

HOW THE FUCK DO I CONTOUR? I did everything the instructions did and it doesn't look right.

I try to be pretty but I fail...

Bonus complaint: I walked 3 miles home with groceries up a huge hill in a middle of a storm. No didn't bring my jacket because it was sunny when I left.
Comments56
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
By "not too showy" do you mean natural? Because there are plenty of color palettes made in naturals - the hardest part about picking one is choosing the right palette for your skin tone and hair. I'd advise googling about what seasons are and deciding which one you belong in. Personally I'm a spring (I forget whether it's warm or cool) when I wear my hair natural, but now that I've dyed it black I've become a winter. Also try to pick a palette that's got about four colors in it. You don't need a rainbow of options, but you do need something you can be a little versatile with if you need to be fancy.

Having a friend do my makeup on Halloween (which had to be natural but princess-like) really helped me out a lot. I also learned from youtube videos.

Another thing to keep in mind with eyeliner is to remember to line your waterline! It makes a huge difference. If I just apply eyeliner to below my waterline I look like a cheap hoe lol but if I do my waterline it looks 100x times better.
I don't even bother with makeup anymore. By the time you finally get it to you're liking, you've already used half of it xD
all I can do is eyeliner and eyebrows, so sorry :B 
Look on Youtube for some tips or "hacks" for it, Youtube is full of those makeup smart people :lol:
Aww, you should try the tape or credit card tip for liquid liner wings and for applying clean mascara. :)
Use adhesive tape for eyeliner.
I stick to browns and creams for my eyeshadow since my eyes are blue and different colours look funny on me, plus I have white skin so green or orange or blue etc. looks plain stupid.

For eyeliner I would stay away from liquid if you are a beginner, use gel or pencil and apply it slowly, if you are feeling shaky that day then avoid it all together that day, hurting your eye isn't fun. I mostly do 60's styles because they suit me the most. Not big on smokey eyes etc.

My skin is too light to contour correctly without looking like a clown so I use the opposite effect, using light cream eyeshadow I'll put it on the places of my face that reflect the most light. It essentially does the same thing but without usual dark colours. You also need a soft brush to blend it for both contouring and the lighting thing which I can't for the life of me remember the name for.
I'm a guy so I was never taught anything about makeup, I always just want to take a nap when my wife shops for it.
I stay away from those.
Mine just falls off.
Like art, it takes practice. Your face is a canvas after all.
Maybelline has a very nice and low priced nude eye shadow palette that has shades that fit most people. (They have others, too... brights and blushed nudes in the same packaging size, which is 12 shadows) As for liquid eyeliner it takes practice. I also usually take most of the colour off the felt tip with some toilet paper so it's not all runny and stuff. Then I press the side of the felt tip right at the lashes and do the whole line that way instead of trying to draw it with the tip in one go. l As for countouring? I have absolutely no bloody idea how to do that CURSE YOU! 
The worst thing I have said to a girl is "I can't see you from all the makeup" the goal was to show that I like her the way she is, turns out she didn't wear makeup...
It's just part of fashion illusion anyways. And it's too tacky to use. Although I wonder if my attitude to such is why I'm too apathetic about appearance....
Just wear colors that match your clothing.
I can never find a good concealer (I have vampire-level dark eye circles). It's quite sad because I look tired all the time.

Eyeliner isn't that hard to apply. The problem is making the tails look even.
Make-up makes me itch. 
How do people use those liquid pens? I used it the other day and the inky stuff just ran all over my water line and into my eyes. :iconcryforeverplz:
I use the little felt tip liquid pens

What brand of liner do you use? :0
It's a product from MAC. I think I'll stick with pencils cos they seem to work best with my eyes.
Ah ok xD

MAC products are pricey where I live D:
Ike they must be witches
I do it! I use a felt tip tho... it dries fast and doesn't run much. I use very little, being half-Asian makes almond eyes weird so I use it under the outer corner/crease to elongate my eyes a bit. Very subtle, most people don't notice but I'm fond of it