1988 school art teacher?

Comment hidden
Comments32
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
She was right.
Oh boo hoo. You don't get to draw the things you want at work, and it's not just grade you'll lose for disobeying your boss.

EDIT: holy crap just lurked. You're not a kid. HAHAHAHAHA! You're pathetic!
And I thought I had issues. :lol: I guess I feel just a tidbit better about myself.
Honestly I thought it's those kids who didn't know anything about artschool or schools in general.

He's either lying about his age, or completely coddled just because he can draw decently.
I've seen 'em come and go. Anyone that has a high school diploma can walk into our school. That's why there's such a high drop out rate.
:noes: A lot just drop out?
Well, it is a good idea to focus on the basics before you move on to more stylized forms. I've known quite a few art teachers discourage anime drawing in their classes because the people doing it A) weren't even that good at it and B) weren't actually developing as artists.

It's good to have a varied skill set. There's literally no downside to it.
I would do her assignments. THEN add a dragon, elf or knight etc,. She would praise kids who followed the rules and ignore the others......I don't agree with that type of teaching. She would say I didn't follow her instructions. Well I didn't. Not exactly. I saw her work and honestly the kids in the class were better than her. I think she was a gym teacher before...lol
Rules are rules. Play by it.
Duh. I was sixteen. I've learned a lot since then.
You probably could have gotten therapy by now. And that picture is about average for a high schooler. 

Please tell me this doesn't keep you up nights.
NOPE... It only propels me forward...
Like a really powerful fart
Yes. REALLY POWERFUL. LIKE DRAGONBALL Z POWER
Oh my. Super Saiyan farts.
Yeah I'm just Saiyan. Y'know
Isn't that a long time to hold a grudge?
No grudge.. I am just telling it like it is. She was a naysayer unless you did it HER way. Like write notes for hours. Meanwhile, curbing your desire to do nothing but draw. I believe in action just as much as study. She believed in study. A little to much. IMO
Study is also very important, you know.
Art teachers try to take you out of your "comfort zone" and expand on your skills as an artist.
Focusing on just fantasy art isn't a step forward to expanding your skills. You should be more open minded to other mediums if you want to exceed in your classes.
I had to learn this in highschool. I got really good grades in my art classes too.
I was in high school I was always uncomfortable...She didn't help by stifling a burn in me to draw and draw. My leg would jump in class like a crack head wanting to get high because I wanted to DRAW. Not make baskets.
I think you missed the point that I was trying to make.