Sore.

Been trying to tone up here recently and found some trustful workouts on Pinterest. 

Did arms two nights ago and holy heck. It hurts to lift my arm any distance above my chest and so that means eating, drinking, buttoning a shirt or anything else where you have to lift your arm hurts like mother.

(Bending my arms down don't hurt quite as bad at all. It's the back of my arms, not the front).
Comments52
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
That'll happen for a couple days after the workout. Try to rest, get a lot of sleep, and take branched chain amino acids. :nod:
I haven't worked my arms in a good solid 4 days so far since they're still sore. Missed my ab workout last night since it was too late when I got home (worked this morning).

I plan on picking it up again with abs tonight and see how I feel tomorrow with my arms. 
Are you eating enough protein?
I track everything with MyFitnessPal. I'm getting protein but I don't think enough, and have only hit my goal a few times this week (money is tight and it's hard to get the extra protein right now).
You should be getting one gram per your weight in pounds of protein.

Try drinking as much milk as you can, as milk is $3 per gallon. Eggs and peanut butter are also good inexpensive sources of protein.

If you have the spare money, look into getting a tub of whey protein powder.
I've got peanut butter that I put in each oatmeal serving to boost the intake a small bit. Out of eggs right now and no milk currently lol. I will def get some once money isn't tight. I do have protein powder but it's not with me at the moment.
When you lift weights, you're tearing your muscles a little bit, and they need protein to heal bigger and stronger. If you're not getting enough, you feel like shit.
I used to always get serious pain when I first started working out a year ago. Now it's a lot more tolerable. 

Get some rest. 
Ah, Sorry to hear that. Im currently trying to get my leg strength up by running to school. I didnt do it for a while, but when I started up again my legs hurt like a mother. It will go away in time, just try to gently massage your legs and take it easy until you are healed. :meow:
Thank you! Best of luck on your goal as well!
you're welcome! Thanks for the llama, btw. I couldn't "post reply" on your profile...the button went missing!
You started too fast, huh lazy bitch?

Ahahahahaha.

Start slow, idiot.
Lazy? haahhahahahahah! I am most definitely NOT lazy. But how would you know. We're both sitting in-front of a monitor. You don't know my daily life. Emoticon: Sticking out tongue 

And it's normal to be sore after an exercise. Actually shows your tearing and rebuilding muscle.
I'm at work with a phone. I don't have a computer. At all.
Still a form of computer!
I'm not in a computer like you.
Oh grandma, what big hypocrisy you have!
I'm not even half way fifty. You sloth.
Besides, you're still in school. Sucks to be you.
View all replies